Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife left with children, but I can't hate her

Switch gears. Forget any relationship thoughts with your wife. That ship has sailed. Concentrate and focus on co-parenting, remain civil, courteous and kind for the sake of your children and to keep the peace.

Get your lawyer to set up visitation with your kids. She cant keep them from you. If your mental state is poor, talk to a therapist, they are available online. You have to pull yourself together to navigate this situation.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I have NO sympathy for parental child abductions which is what this is. This is something my father did and people need to go to jail for this crap.

Thank you everyone so far for your replies. I really don't know why I'm so hurt about her leaving and letting it cloud my judgement so much. As I said, I haven't been happy for the best part of two years, and to be honest, we've always had a bit of a "tetchy" relationship. She's put pictures of her, her family, some family friends and a bloke I've never seen all playing on the beach with the girls today. I keep getting told she isn't right for me and that I can do a lot better, but I just can't snap out of this almost obsession for her!!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Just because you love someone doesn’t mean they are good for you.

You need to block her on your social media. You dont need to see her pics!

She’s essentially kidnapped your kids. If there’s no restraining order against you, she can’t just keep the kids. Even if your marriage was an unhappy one, those are not reasons to take the children away from you. You need to step up and go through a lawyer. The only reason she can do this is if you allow her to. You need to snap out of it and take some action. Whatever is currently happening is terrible for your children. I’m sure they are confused as to why they’re not seeing their father anymore. What a cold blooded thing to do, unless you’re hiding some vital information.

Originally Posted by BecxyRex
    She’s essentially kidnapped your kids. If there’s no restraining order against you, she can’t just keep the kids. Even if your marriage was an unhappy one, those are not reasons to take the children away from you. You need to step up and go through a lawyer. The only reason she can do this is if you allow her to. You need to snap out of it and take some action. Whatever is currently happening is terrible for your children. I’m sure they are confused as to why they’re not seeing their father anymore. What a cold blooded thing to do, unless you’re hiding some vital information.
    If I'm holding any vital information, I'd love to know what it is! She's always been very dominating and her mother is the same. They've both told me countless times that "dad's aren't that important in a child's life" and that my mother in law is more important for the girls than me! I got in contact with a solicitor the day after she left and have sent her my proposals. I've now got to wait for the letters to be sent out. I might have to sick it up at the minute as I've been advised to play her at her own game and just accept any snippets of contact I can (even if it's sitting in their living room for half an hour) as long as I keep asking to see them. The more they refuse and don't let me see them, the more unreasonable they will look to the courts

Did your wife lack a father ?

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Did your wife lack a father ?
    No, her dad has always been there but his and my wife's mum's marriage has gone the same way as ours. My mother in law lives with him, but they (like me and my wife when she was here) sleep separately and basically treat each other as lodgers! It's a very strange set up. But he has always been there for my wife

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice