Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Am I overreacting bad?

I've actually been on the other end of this before. I communicate with my daughter's father and most of the time it's to do with her. I had been used to he or I calling or texting whenever but it's not like we chit chat much. One night I called him to ask how much him and his GF pay rent for their apartment because my bf and I were looking for an apartment in that area at the time so I was getting an idea of price ranges in the area. I didn't think anything of it and I didn't realize that I called at 9pm. I didn't even think about the time or of it inappropriately. The next day he told me his GF didn't like that I called "so late" and then for months he proceeded to only call me when he was at work away from his GF and mentioned to me things his GF would say or be uncomfortable with. It painted her in a bad light when I had wanted to have a good co-parenting relationship be with her as well... And the fact that he felt now he has to be sneaky about something that wasn't even an issue or shouldn't have been made me see how awful that must have been for their relationship. I did make a point to respect her wishes and not contact him unless I felt I could when he was at work so I didn't have to deal with drama or cause that for then unintentionally.

Reason for mentioning all of that is because I do think you overreacted a bit. I understand being a bit uncomfortable but she was probably just sharing info she felt he needed to know. If my daughter's dad got a new job I'd want to know. Maybe it's not done urgent info I'd need to know the moment it happened but I'd like him to inform me. I'd tell her dad if I was moving, in a new relationship, got a new job, etc... These are all things that effect my child and those that are co-parenting should be informed just so that they are in the know.

She may not have thought about what time it was when she sent the text or maybe that's why she texted it instead of calling. If there aren't past trust issues related to then having innapropriate conversations or cheating or whatever between them then I don't see why you need to worry. If this reaction was because of your past and what someone else did... This isn't your boyfriend's fault. He even shared the texts with you to prove his point.

I say you make him call her up and tell her that if she's gonna have the sheer audacity to inform him their child now has two parents able to securely provide for him/her, she needs to not be such a floozy about it and do it before 10:00pm. I don't know how he didn't do that already. No parent I know still cares about their child's financial stability after dinner time. She needs to keep that crap to business hours.

Originally Posted by j.man
    I say you make him call her up and tell her that if she's gonna have the sheer audacity to inform him their child now has two parents able to securely provide for him/her, she needs to not be such a floozy about it and do it before 10:00pm. I don't know how he didn't do that already. No parent I know still cares about their child's financial stability after dinner time. She needs to keep that crap to business hours.
    Spot on j.man!

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Agree with this.
    Thanks Rose!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems