Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I stay or should I go?

My observation is that there are a lot of people out there who are really just looking for someone to be interested in them. Whether or not they are interested in you is completely immaterial.

Thank you for your messages! I’m not looking for a partner who would be interested in exactly the same things as I am and we’d do my hobbies together. That’s what he does, and I find too selfish. I do my hobbies alone, because they’re mostly of the creative type, so I really don’t need anyone else to practice them with me. What baffles me is that he never asks me about my life or my interests, always talking about his. I’d like to have a partner who’s at least curious about learning about anything other than what he’s already interested in.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Badabum33
    What baffles me is that he never asks me about my life or my interests, always talking about his.
    It's not baffling. It's a pretty clear sign of disinterest in you as a person.

Originally Posted by Badabum33
    Thank you for your messages! I’m not looking for a partner who would be interested in exactly the same things as I am and we’d do my hobbies together. That’s what he does, and I find too selfish. I do my hobbies alone, because they’re mostly of the creative type, so I really don’t need anyone else to practice them with me. What baffles me is that he never asks me about my life or my interests, always talking about his. I’d like to have a partner who’s at least curious about learning about anything other than what he’s already interested in.
    I would think this a bit disconcerting also. Trust your gut instincts.

I feel like I relate to a lot of what you're saying
    I would tell any girls to trust their gut instincts on those red flags, that you'd rather be happy and single and dating again, than miserable in a relationship
    Those are the two choices we have to make when dating someone
    We can ignore those red flags, but for how long? we can try and change those habits? but people rarely change and also why should they for us?

I think the whole prospect of being single is so frowned upon and made to look so scary for women, that fear of ending up alone, but dating is some of the best years I've had.
    Meeting new guys, different personalities, hearing people's stories, what makes them tick. I'm not saying dating necessarily means having sex with lots of men, if that's what you're into then that's completely fine too!, but my point is being single and finding someone again.... it's not as scary or terrible as we tell ourselves it will be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice