Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Neighbor & I

Don't worry. The edit window is 30 min. Anyway plenty of people responded.
    Originally Posted by Timotheus
    I’m sorry :(

So I understand and thanks everyone for the advice. I will not ask her to go with me to the wedding. I will just say hi when i see her and keep it moving. But am I wrong to think that there wasn’t at least SOMETHING there at some point? I’m okay with know that and moving on. I just want to know what you all think because I feel like there was but I just wanted to ask smart people too.

Platinum Member
    People see what they want to see. And you dug her, cuz she's really nice and friendly. Maybe now you know, that's the trait you want in a person - outgoing and sweet.

Platinum Member
    So I understand and thanks everyone for the advice. I will not ask her to go with me to the wedding. I will just say hi when i see her and keep it moving. But am I wrong to think that there wasn’t at least SOMETHING there at some point? I’m okay with know that and moving on. I just want to know what you all think because I feel like there was but I just wanted to ask smart people too.
    Look I know you really want there to be something and you want us to say the same. But I'm afraid there probably isn't enough interest on her part to actually go out with you. Or to at least try one date. I guarantee your interest in her would be fairly obvious. If not from your behaviour and body language, then from the fact that you've basically already asked her out twice. The first time you asked her to hang out just as friends, she actually declined. So that means two things - A) She’she not romantically interested in you and B) Maybe she's not interested in being atual friends either.

She may just be a friendly person and also someone who's just enjoying your attention. If she's divorced and hasn't really been with anyone since, maybe she just finds it nice to have a man interested in her. I don't think she is just shy or clueless. Even if she's a Christian, she was married before. So she's been with men, at least one man. She knowd what it's like to be in a relationship and be intimate and all that. She's not just some naive inexperienced girl who doesn't understand flirting and so on.

You could probably actually just ask her though if there is anything between you and if she wants to go out with you. Be very specific that it's romantic. You could literally say: "Do you want to go on a date?" Personally I find it difficult to get over a crush unless I actually have been directly rejected. Seems like maybe you're the same?

Okay well... I was trying to make sure I knew what a girl flirting with was also like. So I can tell if there was something there or not. Anyways I’m not going to pursue anything with her and I’ll shut down trying to be friends too. I’ll just say hi and bye from here on out. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Platinum Member
    Okay well... I was trying to make sure I knew what a girl flirting with was also like. So I can tell if there was something there or not. Anyways I’m not going to pursue anything with her and I’ll shut down trying to be friends too. I’ll just say hi and bye from here on out. Thanks for everyone’s input.
    Well it's up to you how you want to proceed. You could ask her out on a date very directly. Then if she declines then you 100% know there is no point to pursue her. Don't go out of your way to be friendly or help her but if you see her, just say hi and brief polite chat. It's absolutely fine not to be all buddy buddy with her. Especially as no offense but she kinda seems to be leading you on. At first it may be hard if you keep seeing her around. But just start dating other women and if you find a woman you really like, you won't care about Amy. You just need to transfer your feelings to a different woman who actually likes you back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice