Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Movie Quotes or Dialogue

NowandZen

Post your most memorable movie quotes (or dialogue) here. I'm thinking not necessarily the most well known (Life is a box of chocolates), but those which stuck with you for some reason. If you wanna say why its memorable to you, even better.

To start:

From "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" (major paraphrasing)

Mona Stangley : And Jesus went to a wedding where he turned the water into wine

Sheriff Earl Dodd: He was a great man, and he knew how to throw a party

Mona: Earl, I can't believe you said that, that's sacrilegious

Earl: I know, I know. But God forgives me.

Mona: Ain't it funny how God can for give you, but people can't?

Earl: I suppose that's because people aint very God-like

I was a teenager when I saw this scene. Growing up, we were taught that our parents' word was infallible. I was starting to realize this wasn't true, and they were often unfair. Seeing this scene brought it home that people truly aren't "God-lkie"

“It reminds me of that old joke—you know, a guy walks into a psychiatrist's office and says, 'Hey doc, my brother's crazy! He thinks he's a chicken.' Then the doc says, 'Why don't you turn him in?' Then the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' I guess that's how I feel about relationships. They're totally crazy, irrational, and absurd, but we keep going through it because we need the eggs.”

— last line of Annie Hall

NSFW WARNING!!! FOUL LANGUAGE.....

There are so many great lines in Pulp Fiction, these are my favorite because the dialogue is so unique and original....

Butch Coolidge: You okay?

Marsellus Wallace: Nah, man. I'm pretty f-ing far from okay.

Butch Coolidge: What now?

Marsellus Wallace: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting n----as to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. [to Zed] You hear me talking, hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass.

Jules Winnfield: F.. n--ga what the F did you do to his towel?

Vincent Vega: I was dryin' my hands.

Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first!

Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.

Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.

Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this s-- 's hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.

Jules: I used the same F-in' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no goddamn Maxi-Pad!

St. Elmos Fire: Wendy: Yea… ya wanna know what’s great? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich… and ya know, it was my kitchen, it was my refrigerator, it was my apartment… and it was the BEST peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I have had in my entire life.

Joy Luck Club

I tell you the story because I was raised the Chinese way. I was taught to desire nothing, to swallow other people's misery, and to eat my own bitterness. And even though I taught my daughter the opposite, still she came out the same way. Maybe it is because she was born to me and she was born a girl, and I was born to my mother and I was born a girl, all of us like stairs, one step after another, going up, going down, but always going the same way. No, this cannot be, this not knowing what you're worth, this not begin with you. My mother not know her worth until too late - too late for her, but not for me. Now we will see if not too late for you, hmm?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (first time there was dialogue after closing credits in a movie from all I know)

You’re Still Here? It’s Over. Go Home.

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.

Captain Oveur: Roger!

Roger Murdock: Huh?

Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.

Captain Oveur: Roger!

Roger Murdock: Huh?

Victor Basta: Request vector, over.

Captain Oveur: What?

Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.

Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.

Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!

Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.

LaHermes reminded me of another favorite quote. I just saw the movie "Dirty Harry" last month.

"I know what you're thinking......did he fire six shots or only five?"

Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.

But being this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off,

you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

NSFW WARNING!!! FOUL LANGUAGE.....

There are so many great lines in Pulp Fiction, these are my favorite because the dialogue is so unique and original....

Butch Coolidge: You okay?

Marsellus Wallace: Nah, man. I'm pretty f-ing far from okay.

Butch Coolidge: What now?

Marsellus Wallace: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting n----as to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. [to Zed] You hear me talking, hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass.

Jules Winnfield: F.. n--ga what the F did you do to his towel?

Vincent Vega: I was dryin' my hands.

Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first!

Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.

Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.

Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this s-- 's hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.

Jules: I used the same F-in' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no goddamn Maxi-Pad!

I love that movie especially for the dialogue. "Royale with cheese?" "Yeah, it's the metric system, what do they know about a quarter pound?"

St. Elmos Fire: Wendy: Yea… ya wanna know what’s great? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich… and ya know, it was my kitchen, it was my refrigerator, it was my apartment… and it was the BEST peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I have had in my entire life.

Joy Luck Club

I tell you the story because I was raised the Chinese way. I was taught to desire nothing, to swallow other people's misery, and to eat my own bitterness. And even though I taught my daughter the opposite, still she came out the same way. Maybe it is because she was born to me and she was born a girl, and I was born to my mother and I was born a girl, all of us like stairs, one step after another, going up, going down, but always going the same way. No, this cannot be, this not knowing what you're worth, this not begin with you. My mother not know her worth until too late - too late for her, but not for me. Now we will see if not too late for you, hmm?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (first time there was dialogue after closing credits in a movie from all I know)

You’re Still Here? It’s Over. Go Home.

I didn't see Joy Luck Club, but listened to the audiobook. The opening where she talks about how surprised she was about her aunt dying because she thought the aunt had died years ago stuck with me.

Breakfast Club

See this what you get at the Bender house when you spill paint in the garage. It looks like the size of a cigar. Did I stutter?.....

What About you dad? No, what about you? ..... you!

I took a course in Grad school on Conflict resolution. One assignment was to write about conflict in a movie, using a certain rubric. I chose the Breakfast Club.

Archived