I feel i am living in a story.

1imaan1

Everything around me doesn't feel real. It's as if all of it is happening in my mind. I am imagining everything and am not living in present. I am not able to differentiate between reality and imagination. Is there a chance that i have ADHD or fantasy prone personality? If i get to know about it a bit, I'll see a doctor. But before i want to know if these are symptoms of ADHD or any other disorder??

I have read that ADHD mostly happens to those who fantasize things in their childhood. And same is the case with me. I used to fantasize a lot because i was addicted to fictional novels. If you have any other questions, you may ask. Because i want to know what is this?

That doesn't really sound like ADHD but maybe more like Derealisation or disassociation. What other things do you experience and how does it feel? Can you describe more? Have you talked to a psychiatrist?
I don't experience anything other than this. I feel like everything is a story and that i am not living in a present. Even if i remind myself ' this is a reality', I don't feel it. As a kid, i made lot of fantasy stories in my mind. I read novels and imagined them in my mind. That is why i am having hard time to differentiate between reality and fantasy. No, I haven't talked to a psychiatrist yet. I want to know if this problem is serious or i will get normal after some time. I think this isn't a very severe problem because it hasn't really affected me. I'll contact a doctor if it seems serious.
I don't experience anything other than this. I feel like everything is a story and that i am not living in a present. Even if i remind myself ' this is a reality', I don't feel it. As a kid, i made lot of fantasy stories in my mind. I read novels and imagined them in my mind. That is why i am having hard time to differentiate between reality and fantasy. No, I haven't talked to a psychiatrist yet. I want to know if this problem is serious or i will get normal after some time. I think this isn't a very severe problem because it hasn't really affected me. I'll contact a doctor if it seems serious.

Could be maladaptive daydreaming. But really you need to talk to a doctor, psychiatrist or psychologist about it. If it's anything it needs to be diagnosed by a professional. Most mental health conditions are treatable. Does this distress you? How does it affect your life? I'm not saying you have it, but this is what I meant:

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/maladaptive-daydreaming

Sounds like a milder Dpdr. Depersonalisation/Derealization. An horrific condition to live with when it becomes chronic. . Had it for a few years. Made me want to end things.

Give it a Google and see how closely it resembles your condition.

Regardless seek professional help to get the help you need.

Sounds like a milder Dpdr. Depersonalisation/Derealization. An horrific condition to live with when it becomes chronic. . Had it for a few years. Made me want to end things.

Give it a Google and see how closely it resembles your condition.

Regardless seek professional help to get the help you need.

I have DP/DR constantly the last two years. I used to get it only occasionally from stress or tiredness. I had a difficult childhood and got bullied badly at school. In 2018 I did maybe too much MDMA and it started to be literally 24/7. Definitely horrible.

But imagining stories in your mind may be maladaptive daydreaming. Or might be not a disorder at all but just vivid imagination.

The symptoms are kind of maladaptive daydreaming ones but idk. Some symptoms are of derealisation as well. I don't deliberately sit and fantasize rather it just comes to my mind while doing everyday tasks. But I'll try to seek any help from professionals.

I have DP/DR constantly the last two years. I used to get it only occasionally from stress or tiredness. I had a difficult childhood and got bullied badly at school. In 2018 I did maybe too much MDMA and it started to be literally 24/7. Definitely horrible.

But imagining stories in your mind may be maladaptive daydreaming. Or might be not a disorder at all but just vivid imagination.

Got mine from a near death experience after a fall which gave me PTSD. I hated the DP/DR more than anything. Felt trapped inside my own body, completely empty and felt that an imposter had took control of my body and mind and i was watching life pass me by in the 3rd person view. I was living a false life and out of control. I think it's what happens when our minds are under too much stress like yours was too. On top of the accident i was literally always a day away from losing my home and ending up homeless which was massively stressful.

CBD oil, 2 types of therapy and a massive lifestyle change and 3 years after the accident that caused it, it has finally gone so hang in there. LIke you i also had a very tough childhood which is a massive factor in developing apparently. People with abusive childhoods are ticking time bombs for this kind of stuff research has shown. The mind cannot cope due to past trauma.

OP (original poster) don't feel too scared because this may not actually be anything. But we can't really tell you because we don't know you and we are not medical professionals. Are you able to have at least a phone or video appointment with a doctor? During Coronavirus many are offering virtual appointments. Even if you don't actually have a mental health condition, you may be able to at least get your feelings and worries off your chest.

I also think that maybe imagining stories can be something people do to pass the time or cope with difficult times. That might possibly be why in some people the maladaptive dreaming disorder develops. It's a way to deal with things. To be honest I've been imagining a lot of fictional stories myself while in isolation since March. I'm now in a second strict quarantine because the first one didn't reduce Coronavirus cases! I never left the house and I began to imagine more interesting lives in my mind. Like elaborate stories of how I met and started dating my celebrity crush. Very detailed imaginary stories lol And I'm 35 years old. You are fifteen and I think children and teenagers have an even more vivid imagination.

However if the story feels like it's your actual real life and it's taking over your life, then maybe it needs to be addressed.

Archived