Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel i am living in a story.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Many teenagers daydream a lot.

We're unable to diagnose your issues over the internet, only a professional can do that. Have you talked to your parents about seeing a therapist?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Tinydance
    I have DP/DR constantly the last two years. I used to get it only occasionally from stress or tiredness. I had a difficult childhood and got bullied badly at school. In 2018 I did maybe too much MDMA and it started to be literally 24/7. Definitely horrible.

But imagining stories in your mind may be maladaptive daydreaming. Or might be not a disorder at all but just vivid imagination.

Got mine from a near death experience after a fall which gave me PTSD. I hated the DP/DR more than anything. Felt trapped inside my own body, completely empty and felt that an imposter had took control of my body and mind and i was watching life pass me by in the 3rd person view. I was living a false life and out of control. I think it's what happens when our minds are under too much stress like yours was too. On top of the accident i was literally always a day away from losing my home and ending up homeless which was massively stressful.

CBD oil, 2 types of therapy and a massive lifestyle change and 3 years after the accident that caused it, it has finally gone so hang in there. LIke you i also had a very tough childhood which is a massive factor in developing apparently. People with abusive childhoods are ticking time bombs for this kind of stuff research has shown. The mind cannot cope due to past trauma.

Platinum Member
    OP (original poster) don't feel too scared because this may not actually be anything. But we can't really tell you because we don't know you and we are not medical professionals. Are you able to have at least a phone or video appointment with a doctor? During Coronavirus many are offering virtual appointments. Even if you don't actually have a mental health condition, you may be able to at least get your feelings and worries off your chest.

I also think that maybe imagining stories can be something people do to pass the time or cope with difficult times. That might possibly be why in some people the maladaptive dreaming disorder develops. It's a way to deal with things. To be honest I've been imagining a lot of fictional stories myself while in isolation since March. I'm now in a second strict quarantine because the first one didn't reduce Coronavirus cases! I never left the house and I began to imagine more interesting lives in my mind. Like elaborate stories of how I met and started dating my celebrity crush. Very detailed imaginary stories lol And I'm 35 years old. You are fifteen and I think children and teenagers have an even more vivid imagination.

However if the story feels like it's your actual real life and it's taking over your life, then maybe it needs to be addressed.

It makes no sense to try to diagnose yourself before seeing a doctor, that's their job.

Refuses to see doctors or therapists. Is 15 and refuses to ask parents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice