Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Grad students, do you have meeting with your advisor outside of business hours?

All you need to do is decide if you want to see him again.

I'm so sorry that the date turned out like this. If you both go out again, have a nice time together and be honest about how you feel watching a chess game. I think both of you have different ideas of what your dates should be. A+ for variety though. Take it easy and don't get too upset just yet.

Platinum Member
    I found dating to be a part time job at times. It was stressful, required a thick skin, etc. Only one thing made it worth it -I wanted to be a married mom -or at least have the opportunity to be a mom in the only situation that was acceptable to me (if I had a biological child) - in a stable marital home. I wanted that very very badly. I had a good life as a single person and I was always 100% honest with myself that it wasn't enough for me.

Had I not wanted marriage and parenthood no way would I have been out there proactively husband hunting. Yes, husband hunting -for the right match, a good match, for the whole package including love and passion - but yes, husband hunting. Had I just wanted someone to date or hook up with or be my boyfriend for a time - no way would all that time and stress and tears have been worth it. But because I wanted that so badly what I had to do too was never ever let myself be jaded or cynical for more than a very short time after a very bad date. Nothing is more unattractive to men and they can smell that negativity from miles away. I wouldn't be married now if I'd let myself go there. That's my strong suggestion to you -and to evaluate why exactly you are putting yourself out there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice