LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toxic mother and sister

Toxic mother and sister

To cut a long story short, my mother and especially my sister are toxic and they are wanting me to come down to the family home with my 6 month old now that lockdown is over.
    It is only suppose to me and the baby going round but thinking i might bring my husband along even though he could probably do with some peace and quiet lol.
    I just want to not go down and get sly comments and critisism. Going to maybe just stay a couple of hours or so.
    I'm highly anxious about dealing with this! My sister especially likes to do that but i worry incase she tries anything with my husband if i bring him to annoy me even though she hasn't before. She is just horrid sometimes and tries to keep up this pathetic sibling rivalry. Just hate this.

What exactly is the upside of this trip?

How long is the trip? You shouldn't have to travel with an infant. If they want to see the newborn, let them visit you.

Give them the number of the local inexpensive motel and tell them they are welcome to come see the newborn. Don't travel with an infant just because lock-down is over.

This is easy to resolve. Simply tell them them your doctor told you not to travel with a newborn right now.
    Originally Posted by CrazyWife
    To cut a long story short, my mother and especially my sister are toxic and they are wanting me to come down to the family home with my 6 month old.

Sorry i meant to say we stay in the same town! Maybe 15 - 20 minutes away.

Yes i see what you mean by it being no upside but i don't want to be accussed of not letting see their grandaughter / niece when i have seen my niece.

Let them visit you. Simple.
    Originally Posted by CrazyWife
    i don't want to be accussed of not letting see their grandaughter / niece when i have seen my niece.

Yeah but my sister was going to come with them. Too much people and thought it would be easier.
    She hasn't seen her niece yet.

Silver Member
    Easier to go to them since you leave when you want ó if they come to you they may well overstay. Give yourself 20 minutes and then leave. Donít discuss anything personal. They will throw emotional crap at you for leaving, ignore it,

Well my husband said he would come if it would make me feel better.
    Yeah at least i am there i can leave more easily.

Yes you go to them, then you are in charge of when the visit is over. If they come to you, they may get too comfortable and not want to leave!

Platinum Member
    are they actuallly "toxic" or do you just simply have clashing personalities?
    How far away do they live?
    Plan to be on the way to somewhere else "we are coming over on the way to..."
    is it really a good idea/safe to take the baby there? Have they been quarantining?
    Yes, they have not seen the baby for half the baby's life now, so the grandmother should see her grandchild if you feel it is safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice