Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get out of the "friend zone"?

How to get out of the "friends zone?" you date someone else.

Being someone's cuddle buddy is the kiss of death. Stop sleeping in a woman's bed unless sex is on the table. Sleep overs are for kids.

She has made it clear to you that "we're just good friends."

You will always remain in the friend zone. Reduce texting, keep it brief and infrequent yet polite, know your healthy enforced boundaries, no more coming over for drinking and crashing at her place for bed snuggles. Cut that out.

Meet in public, practice social distancing, wear masks and remain 6 feet apart during this COVID-19 pandemic. In the future, know your place as a gentlemanly friend who behaves properly otherwise you'll only get hurt and disappointed time and time again because you'll want more than she's willing to give.

Back off.

Originally Posted by smackie9
    How to get out of the "friends zone?" you date someone else.

Being someone's cuddle buddy is the kiss of death. Stop sleeping in a woman's bed unless sex is on the table. Sleep overs are for kids.
    Wait what? I thought TRIX were for kids???

Being used for companionship until something else comes along is never a good thing. This isn't a Hallmark movie where the girl suddenly realizes the guy right in front of her face is Mr. Right.

If there is ever a chance for her to change her mind it will be because you walked away from this "friendship"

Best wishes
    Lost

To add more confusion, I forgot to add that she went to the beach 3 weeks ago, and was sending me pictures of her and her girlfriends all in bikinis. Maybe she enjoys knowing that I really like her and enjoys the feeling of being wanted?

Sounds like stuff she sends to girlfriends. Try not to read into it too much.
    Originally Posted by Chadwick00
    To add more confusion, I forgot to add that she went to the beach 3 weeks ago, and was sending me pictures of her and her girlfriends all in bikinis. Maybe she enjoys knowing that I really like her and enjoys the feeling of being wanted?

Originally Posted by Chadwick00
    lol.....that is what women tend to wear when on the beach. Point being that you are trying to read something into nothing. What she is sending you is look buddy we are having fun at the beach. What you are reading into it.....is just plain wrong on your part.

Dude, you literally just got out of a toxic relationship that you've been clinging to for 5 years.....now you are thinking about forcing yourself on a friend....wth is going on with you? Serious question.

Please take a long big step back from any dating and women at large. You really need to get your head screwed on straight because your behavior is way off. Be single, stand on your own two feet, get comfortable in your own skin and shake off this desperation you seem to be carrying to be with a warm body, any warm body whether they want you or not. Thirsty doesn't even begin to describe you. Why are you soooo desperate? Do you think you are not a whole person without dating or something?

Platinum Member
    Dude...if you want a girlfriend you have to be a bit more interesting than going to people's houses to drink and watch tv and drink so much so you have to spend the night. You are always either going to be friendzoned or the guy that is okay, but they don't want to date someone that has no other interests than that. I get it Covid, but meeting someone at an outdoor cafe or a picnic in the park or hiking is safer and much more interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice