Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think Iím going to vomit

Bronze Member

I think Iím going to vomit

I just reconnected with my youngest half sister after 10 years of no communication. She is 12 years younger than me and still lives with her parents (Iím 29 and she is 17). I moved out right when I turned 18 because my mother and stepfather (my half sisterís real father) abused me pretty badly. Never sexual, but I got beat up almost weekly. Punched, strangled, hair cut off, and extremely cruel punishments for no reason that Iím embarrassed to tell about. I got the abuse the worst because I wasnít his biological child. So I moved out and never looked back. My sister isnít allowed to speak to me but is sneaking around to do so. Anyways, my sister is also abused, just not as bad. But, wHat makes me absolutely sick is that apparently my abuser (stepfather) is finishing up his degree to be a psychologist. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO IS CLEARLY MENTALLY ILL BECOME A PSYCHOLOGIST?? I am seriously so upset about this and mad at myself for not having him arrested a long time ago.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am sorry that happened. Report it to the regulating authority for psychologists .

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am sorry that happened. Report it to the regulating authority for psychologists .
    I thought about that but I just donít know how to prove that he abused me. I never reported it to anyone. I just dealt with it and told myself it would be over soon. And then it was and I moved out.
    And Iím sure my sister wonít want to report him either. Itís crazy how someone being abused can be so scared/unwilling to report it and still love their abuser.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Marshmellow12
    I thought about that but I just donít know how to prove that he abused me. I never reported it to anyone. I just dealt with it and told myself it would be over soon. And then it was and I moved out.
    And Iím sure my sister wonít want to report him either. Itís crazy how someone being abused can be so scared/unwilling to report it and still love their abuser.
    It is not crazy at all it is very typical and normal. I am sorry for what you went through but report it to the regulatory board.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It is not crazy at all it is very typical and normal. I am sorry for what you went through but report it to the regulatory board.
    Thank you. I know I need to report it. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. He used to be a prison guard for many many years. Strange how he would decide to change his career at this point in his life and to want to be a psychologist. It just blows my mind.

Thank you. I know I need to report it. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. He used to be a prison guard for many many years. Strange how he would decide to change his career at this point in his life and to want to be a psychologist. It just blows my mind.
    He sounds very disturbed. I am sorry.

Your word is your proof. Someone will take you seriously and will listen to you. No one is going to take it lightly if someone is training to be a psychologist and has these kind of allegations against them.

A psychologist is responsible for some very vulnerable people.
    Because of this, it would be a crime to not report him. He is an abuser. He could do far more damage to people who are already in a bad way.

Please do the right thing and tell someone before he is allowed to potentially hurt people.

Do you have a restraining order against him/them? Is your mother still with him? You can not really report something ( to where?, he is just studying to be.. no licence) there is no record of, however your mother and half sister need help and you could give them the resources you can find on domestic abuse.

Since your sister is a minor, why haven't you reported it to the police on her behalf? It sounds like she is trying to reach out but you are overly concerned with his studies, rather than her welfare. What he is 'studying to be" is irrelevant. Child abuse is a crime. Do you still speak to your mother?
    She is 12 years younger than me and still lives with her parents (Iím 29 and she is 17).

My sister isnít allowed to speak to me but is sneaking around to do so. Anyways, my sister is also abused, just not as bad.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 07-20-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Are you in a position to have your sister move in with you?

Because he is still training, I would start by reporting it to the police.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice