Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Is it necessary to have free time?

1imaan1

I am being very busy from few days. Because of my academic and self studies. I wanted to ask if it is necessary to have me-time. I sleep for 6 hours. And right after waking up my busy schedule starts. Even if want to watch any interesting videos or want to rest, the thoughts is always in my mind that this is my study time and i should get back to it. I came here to ask this. I'll make my schedule accordingly.

Not necessarily depending on how you feel and whether it's a temporary situation. When I studied for a few months for a certain intense exam I basically had no free time. I didn't mind -I wanted to take it only once and pass (I did). But when I felt overwhelmed I'd go in the living room and dance to a dance tape I made -dance my heart out (C&C Music Factory was one and Devo I bet lol) -it was 1994. It helped a lot to clear my head. And since the pandemic started I've had extremely little free time or child-free time since we are all home. It's so hard. Starting today and for the next week I likely will have more free time because of a work situation and an upcoming medical procedure. So I've actually made a plan -because if I don't I'll probably feel pressured to do more cleaning/housework projects - so I've decided I'm going to catch up on even more reading - non fiction and fiction. I'm an extremely driven person, type A so I actually have to plan free time so I don't work instead. I'm in my 50s and 6 hours of sleep a night over time is not enough for me at all so I also make sure I get at least 7 on average. I never sleep in and never sleep more than 8 but I know my limits.

Know your limits -stay in tune to your body and how you are feeling - get very good at noticing tension before it builds up. If you have to plan free time do it. If you are in crunch time I think it's fine not to have free time temporarily.

Imaan. Everyone needs some free time, even if the free time is only a few hours.

And Seraphim is quite right. Six hours sleep is not enough for a teenager.. You should be getting eight hours sleep.

You will find a way to structure your day. I assume when you say academic that you are back at school. Yes? And if so, that surely is about 6/7 hours of your day. Add in your meal times, and any household chores you might be asked to do. Then set aside a couple of hours for your leisure interests, ( a sport, dance, etc?)or some rest.

Thanks to all. I will definitely reschedule my day and find free time but sleeping 8 hours won't be possible. It would waste my time.

It's a rhetorical question. If you are already spending your free time on social media all night.
No, i am not. I hardly get any time to use mobile except when i have to watch lectures or read anything.
Thanks to all. I will definitely reschedule my day and find free time but sleeping 8 hours won't be possible. It would waste my time.No, i am not. I hardly get any time to use mobile except when i have to watch lectures or read anything.

Sleeping is not wasting your time it is helping your brain grow properly.

How you spend your free time is up to you,even if it's asking the same questions on multiple forums looking for attention.
I didn't fully understand. But if you mean why I posted about my issues on other forums, it is because I wanted advice from different perspectives. And each and every advice was helpful including this one's , I got support which I wanted. Thank you very much though. I will definitely try to have free time not for social media but for myself :)

Archived