LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm getting desperate, no one to talk to

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Call a mental health hotline. They will talk with you and help you. Can you stay with family for a while? Your marriage sounds toxic. Stop worrying about your husband. His mental health should be managed by his doctor
    That's a good suggestion, thank you. I'm going to look for one to call, I have nothing to lose. I don't want to not stay with my husband, it's so hard to explain. I also don't want to imply that I want to leave him or that I can't stand him. He's also supportive of me and says we'll get through this, but I just feel like he doesn't fully understand what it's like in my brain lately, no one does. I spent a day with my parents recently and it was nice but it didn't solve anything and I felt miserable there too. I'm in a bad cycle of self pity and loathing, and worrying that my plan for where I'd be at this time in my life is a wreck.

OP. As a poster remarked to you on your other thread, it would be MOST unwise to become pregnant now in your present state of mind. And bearing in mind your husband's thoughts on the matter now: "and saying he may not be able to have kids now. "

I trust you will be seeing the psychiatrist soon.

I definitely am aware it's not a good time to be having kids, I'm not trying now or anytime soon anymore, I'm just very upset because I didn't see this coming- my state of mental health and the lack of stability I'm feeling. My husband sometimes says he feels he can't have kids when he's low, or when he sees me struggling physically with my anxiety. But then he says he doesn't mean it and that he just says it in the moment. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist one month away, so I'm trying to hang in there until then. I'm just struggling because that feels like a very long time to feel like this. I can't afford to get counselling before then either.

A month is a long time, PM. Why can't you get an appointment sooner?

Do insist.

I agree it's too far away, I don't know if there's just a big wait but I was unable to get anything earlier. I'm not even sure what to expect, if I need medication again that's fine but I don't think psychiatrists talk to you much otherwise? I could be wrong but I feel like I might benefit from talking or something. I just have a lot of anxiety about my life and whether I'm seeing things clearly or if I'm just clouded by this crippling fear of life. I've never been this bad- it's very new to me. I'm doing weird annoying things like constantly asking my husband if I'll be okay or if we're okay, I know that's not a good way of coping and not a stable way to act. The whole baby thing is really upsetting me too. Knowing I'm not ready to have one because my mental health has taken this turn, and not knowing if it will ever happen for me. I'm just not looking forward to my days anymore, and I'm afraid to put too much stock into this upcoming psychiatrist appointment in case they can't help me. I might have just become a mess and I might have to learn to tolerate myself.

Please speak to someone. Even phone a suicide / mental health helpine. Plus, contact your psychiatrist to spesk to them even just over the phone.
    I too know how this feels and trust me things will get better. Have you or are you taking anti-depressants? Tried online mental health groups?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice