Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Family visits

Sue...I think the more important issue is the safety and well being of your grandchildren. With that said, along with knowing of your daughter's mental health problems, it appears it's time to step in and be a voice for those children, (imo).

I'm aware that it's easier said than done, but someone needs to take that first step. In short, it's something to think about...

The 5 year old pees against the walls for fun? That doesn’t sound normal to me. I think there’s more to worry about than you being uncomfortable while staying at their home. I agree with others who say they are worried about the children’s welfare. While I wouldn’t Call CPS on my own daughter right away, I’d definitely have a come to Jesus with her. Tell her you’ve noticed how unsanitary and toxic the house is. Invite her to stay with you while the baby is little?

Do you think your 8 y/o grandson or the newborn are neglected? Or is it more of a problem for you personally? You could call CPS and they may review whether the home is suitable and the children are alright. Will your daughter know it is you who called?
    Originally Posted by Sweet Sue
    This is not a new problem. This has been going on for years, but only seems to be getting worse with time.

Sue, a few months back.

".my 8 year old grandson has been diagnosed with the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. He is in critical condition with 3rd degree burns on the inside of his body and it coming through his pores causing large patches of rash that turn into very large blisters. Morphine is helping with the pain, but the doctors tell us the worse is yet to come."

Has the child been properly looked after since his illness?

Bronze Member
    Capricorn3....DHR was called on her by her exhusband. Someone did come out, but after a complete investigation, nothing happened. Apparently, they did see anything to set off alarms.

Bronze Member
    Billie28....no I was not aware that you shouldn't kiss a baby. I kissed my daughter as a baby.
    Why is the reasoning behind this?
    Her father and I have been divorced for 22 years. He left me for another woman. There marriage lasted only a few years.
    According to me ex-husband, she broke them up.
    My daughter chooses to live with her father because he supports her as she is not working. My house is not pristine, and I don't
    expect perfection as she has two children to care for, and I don't have a problem with messy, I just can't stand the unsanitary conditions and
    the offensive odor or the arguing and shouting matches.
    I don't know what's confusing..
    I just am looking for a way to see my grands and her(my daughter), but keep the visits short and more importantly, I think I will have to stay in a hotel
    which will be hard to explain this to her, and my grandson of 9.

Originally Posted by Sweet Sue
    Capricorn3....DHR was called on her by her exhusband. Someone did come out, but after a complete investigation, nothing happened. Apparently, they did see anything to set off alarms.
    DHR came out to visit recently?

Bronze Member
    Wiseman......DHR was called on her by her ex-husband a few months ago. The complaint made against her was the issue of the house 'unsanitary'. Also, her ex husband accused her of Munchausen by Proxy. He believed that she was making him sick to seek attention for herself. I don't live there and so I only hear one side. But I am aware that my grandson seem to be sick a lot. But I believed it was because he is not receiving the proper nutrients. He is very overweight and he eats way to much junk food. It's very sad.
    So, DHR came and did an investigation, but could find nothing wrong--that's what she told me.
    Yes, she would know if I called. They told her who filed the complaint on her the last two times.

Sue. Never explain!

"I think I will have to stay in a hotel
    which will be hard to explain this to her, and my grandson of 9."

You don't have to explain yourself. You simply book a hotel and that's it. You don't need her permission or anyone's. Right?

Bronze Member
    BecxyRex........she can't leave. She takes care of her father, and she doesn't like to drive, especially with an infant.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice