Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I'm getting desperate, no one to talk to

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    19

    I'm getting desperate, no one to talk to

    I posted before about how I feel lately, just very depressed and anxious and hopeless too. I'm surviving hour by hour it seems. I'm able to see a psychiatrist in over a month, but I don't know if they can help me. I don't know if I need to talk to someone, or if that would even help either. I don't know if I have control over things in my life- if they're that bad, or if it's my mental health and lack of coping abilities that are hurting me lately. I'm getting so very desperate, I'm hanging onto that appointment one month away and hoping it will help me. I can't get relief when the anxiety gets so bad, and I'm doing weird things. My limbs get very restless and I feel this aggression to move them and rub them together and it's not something I've ever done before. My husband has mental health issues too I believe, and I'd like to support what he's going through but it triggers me too. I don't know how to be happy or even neutral. We do have some good days lately but more bad ones- not even necessarily with each other, but his own tensions and sadnesses that affect my well being too. And then i feel guilt for falling apart just because he does. I can't tell anyone in my life what I'm going through but I'm running out of hope. If this is what my life will always be like I don't know how I'll bear it. I try exercise, I try meditation. I try and I try to be positive and tell myself things can get better but I'm doing so badly. I'm so desperate I'm posting on a forum despite being ambivalent about if anyone will care or be able to provide any comfort. I've never been so scared before, just wanted to reach out because I'm running out of ideas and I want to feel better and believe that someone or something can help me.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Capricorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,869
    Originally Posted by PinkMoonlite
    I can't tell anyone in my life what I'm going through
    WHY can't you tell anyone? What harm would it do? I don't understand.

    Seeing a doctor would be a good starting point to help you. Have you seen a doctor? If not, why not?

    In a previous thread you mention you stopped taking your anti-depressants. That's probably why you feel the way you do. Seems you NEED to be on anti-depressants for a very good reason. Next time you see your psychiatrist then make sure you get back on your anti-depressants and use them as prescribed.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    19
    I have tried telling my parents how I feel, but it's so tied to my husband it caused drama and I can't do it again. I can't air out my issues that involve my marriage if that's what this is. And all my friends know my husband. I'm just a private person in general.

    I've told my family doctor how I feel, that's why I have the appointment with the psychiatrist coming up. I stopped my meds under her supervision actually, because I was in a good state of mind and had a weaning process to get the medication out of my system in time to start trying for a baby. Now, I'm miserable and I don't even remember why I wanted a child, that's how much of a mess I feel. I don't know if the issues are with my husband or if his issues don't have anything to do with me, or if they're recent or if they've always been issues. We've been together 8 years and we've had our fights, but I remember being pretty happy mostly and lots of good things. I see him being negative now, fighting with his family and me and being negative overall, and saying he may not be able to have kids now. I just keep comparing myself to other people who seem so happy or at least stable, and making myself sick with sadness. And I don't know if this is a hurdle I/we can get through in life or if life is really this bad. He refuses counselling too.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Capricorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,869
    Originally Posted by PinkMoonlite
    Now, I'm miserable and I don't even remember why I wanted a child, that's how much of a mess I feel. I don't know if the issues are with my husband or if his issues don't have anything to do with me, or if they're recent or if they've always been issues. We've been together 8 years and we've had our fights, but I remember being pretty happy mostly and lots of good things. I see him being negative now, fighting with his family and me and being negative overall, and saying he may not be able to have kids now. I just keep comparing myself to other people who seem so happy or at least stable, and making myself sick with sadness. And I don't know if this is a hurdle I/we can get through in life or if life is really this bad. He refuses counselling too.
    I think ALL of these marital issues really need to be sorted out before bringing a child into the world. Marriage counselling would help here. If things are so toxic at present, a baby would NOT help you or your marriage in any way at all. The marriage, AND your and your husband's mental health issues ALL need to be stable before starting a family (imo).

    As to the present anxiety, it's good that you have an appointment set up. Good luck.

  5.  

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    I feel this. You arenít alone. I know what it feels like to try and feel better to have it fail. Iím so sorry that youíre feeling this way. I also try my very hardest NOT to go to my family or friends about any problems because sometimes I feel like it just makes it worse. They love me, so their opinion sometimes is in defense of me and not looking at the situation as a whole. I hope your therapist appointment is helpful for you. I also want to have kids, but even in my situation I know this isnít the time. I have to fix myself and my problems first. Sometimes we think having babies, getting married and getting a new puppy/kitten will make everything all better. It never does. We make us better... not them, not your parent, partner, friend or coworkers. We have to do it, is just having self control of emotions thatís hard. Once we conquer that, I feel like all will fall into place. Hang in there! Things will get better, what goes up comes down and vise versa. Thinking of you and hoping happier times come your way soon.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    40,078
    Gender
    Male
    Call a mental health hotline. They will talk with you and help you. Can you stay with family for a while? Your marriage sounds toxic. Stop worrying about your husband. His mental health should be managed by his doctor
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 07-14-2020 at 10:10 PM.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member Realitynut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Quad-Cities, Illinois, usa
    Posts
    2,669
    Gender
    Female
    I'm sorry about your mental health and ongoing issues with hubby. I can't help you with any of that....but has anyone talked to you about Restless Leg Syndrome. I remember my mom laying in bed bouncing her legs up and down. Then my twin brother had it....so it doesn't just affect old people. I have it when I do a lot of sitting. Unless you have it, you can't describe it. I always said it feels like your legs need exercise. I sometime just stomp them on the floor, move them up and down, rub. But I think it help to get up and WALK. It's more irritating than anything. But look it up. I think there is medication for it, but mine has never been so bad I needed to take a pill. But that might help with one issue. And walking...even if it's just around the house, will make you feel a tad better. (going off anti-depressants is never a good thing. I heard people just have a BAD REACTION to it.) Hold off on baby.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member smackie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,169
    Gender
    Female
    Get back on those anti-depressants. You have clinical depression, and you NEED medication for the rest of your life. It's quite dangerous going off medication and I'm really surprised a doctor would even be on board with it. Once you are back on them and you are stabilized, you should be mentally ready to work on making things better with your life and marriage. Exercise, change of diet, meditation, etc, takes dedication and you may not see any results for some time (possible a year), so you can't completely dismiss it. Your body chemistry has to adjust, and depending on the person, results will vary.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    19
    My doctor had recommended I get off them in case they affect a growing fetus. I want to be able to try talking to someone to manage my anxiety and if that doesn't help, get back on a lower dosage. I'm also close to 31 so my age is freaking me out with the pressure to be able to conceive, and I didn't expect to get here mentally. My husband and I have been fine, and are fine today for instance but this pandemic has been a very trying time were we focus on negative things and I soak up his mood in addition to my own mood and my own worries. I'm just not coping like I used to- I don't want to say that my 8 year relationship is no longer working when I still want it to. I just feel very uncertain about how I'm going to feel better and if I've done something bad to myself by getting off medication, or if I have issues that need to be addressed regardless of medication. And it scares me that lately I can't even remember why I wanted kids when I was so sure about it my whole life.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    19
    Originally Posted by Realitynut
    I'm sorry about your mental health and ongoing issues with hubby. I can't help you with any of that....but has anyone talked to you about Restless Leg Syndrome. I remember my mom laying in bed bouncing her legs up and down. Then my twin brother had it....so it doesn't just affect old people. I have it when I do a lot of sitting. Unless you have it, you can't describe it. I always said it feels like your legs need exercise. I sometime just stomp them on the floor, move them up and down, rub. But I think it help to get up and WALK. It's more irritating than anything. But look it up. I think there is medication for it, but mine has never been so bad I needed to take a pill. But that might help with one issue. And walking...even if it's just around the house, will make you feel a tad better. (going off anti-depressants is never a good thing. I heard people just have a BAD REACTION to it.) Hold off on baby.
    Yes, I think may be restless leg syndrome, and it sounds like what I have. Energy in my legs, sometimes arms too. I just really want to move them aggressively sometimes, and I do walk/run on my treadmill most days to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •