I can't cope up anymore

1imaan1

I tried to contact a counsellor but she didn't reply. And now i have no hope in anything. The things that used to excite don't matter to me anymore. You already know about my parents. There is still tension in the house. They aren't talking to each other. And I have no hope in any solution, advice or therapy. I am praying for them, and that's the last hope left. I am getting so tensed due to all this. I keep getting angry at my parents because they aren't talking to each other. And also i get angry at my brothers. They again and again irritate me. Taking advices on board, i e-mailed a counsellor but they didn't reply to me. Here, I don't go outside my home that's why I can't go to seek any counsellor offline. Also i don't have any savings so can't afford the paid counsellor online. I just can't talk about this tension to anyone in my house. I know they won't take me seriously.

You are only 16.

You don’t understand yet how adult relationships work.

Your parents marriage is essentially over since they sleep in seperate bedrooms.

They argue a bit but mostly ignore each other.

Doesn’t sound abusive from what you described in previous posts.

It is unfair for your mother to burden you with her problems and bad mouth your father but you do have the option to tell your mother that you don’t want to be involved and ask her to speak to your grandmother , aunt , her female friends etc.

Your anger however seems to be too much given the circumstance.

What exactly are you angry about?

Why be angry at your parents simply because they are themselves in an awkward position?

Why be angry at your brothers?

Was your parents marriage an arranged one? And therefore not a marriage born from love?

I don’t think you need counselling. I simply think you need to stop idealising adult relationships and form your own ideas when you start dating , which I know is apparently not the done thing publicly within your religion but realistically it happens.

Concentrate on school , friends , hobbies and less on your parents and brothers.

I tried to contact a counsellor but she didn't reply. And now i have no hope in anything. The things that used to excite don't matter to me anymore. You already know about my parents. There is still tension in the house. They aren't talking to each other. And I have no hope in any solution, advice or therapy. I am praying for them, and that's the last hope left. I am getting so tensed due to all this. I keep getting angry at my parents because they aren't talking to each other. And also i get angry at my brothers. They again and again irritate me. Taking advices on board, i e-mailed a counsellor but they didn't reply to me. Here, I don't go outside my home that's why I can't go to seek any counsellor offline. Also i don't have any savings so can't afford the paid counsellor online. I just can't talk about this tension to anyone in my house. I know they won't take me seriously.

Hi

Seeing a counselor is a good idea. You mentioned you could not afford it. Do you have health insurance? You can call 211 (that's the number) see if they can contact you with a counselor. You can also call the crisis hotline or message them via text. I don't know what state you are in, but just google the number.

I just wanted to let you know that your anger is valid. People show sadness and pain in different ways and yours seems to be anger. A separation is difficult specially for a child who wants his/her parents to stay together. It is ok to feel what you are feeling and your feelings are valid. I disagree that you don't know how relationships work because of your age. Regardless of our age, we can determine what is a good/healthy relationship. The best thing you can do is stop trying to expect for them to change. You can't control what they do but you can control what you can do. Take some deep breaths and know that everything will be ok at the end. Things figure themselves out and pain is not forever. I hope you get the peace you need. Sending hugs to you and your family in this difficult time.

OP, you could check out the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists, as no doubt they have a list of members.

Also, there is a severe shortage of mental health professionals and facilities in India, so I understand it could be difficult for you to locate a psychologist.

At 15 years old you may need parental consent to be treated, depending on where you are. It would be best to ask your mother to take you to a doctor for a checkup.

If you are over the age of 13, you can get mental health services in a few states. You don't have to be 18

Agree, but at 15 you can't pay alone. Certainly asking your parents or another trusted adult to get you to a physician is a better idea than copy/pasting the same questions and threads on a bunch of different forums but never being happy with the advice.

you could check out the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists.

Also, there is a severe shortage of mental health professionals and facilities in India

Here goes Imaan. There are a number of organizations there in India.

Check out this website:

http://www.aasra.info/about-us.html

"Aasra functions as a unit of Befrienders Worldwide/Samaritans and is a non-religious, non-political and non-sectarian organization, registered as a Public Charity under the Bombay Charity Act, 1960 (Registration No. E 2047). Befrienders Worldwide/Samaritans has been working in the field of crisis intervention/areas of emotional and mental health since 1960. Aasra is the only help line in Navi Mumbai and started functioning from 13 September 1998."

You'll find their phone number etc. on the webpage.

And there is this:

Sahai - 080-25497777 / SAHAIHELPLINE@GMAIL.COM

This helpline is a service provided by Medico Pastoral Association (MPA) and is run by trained active volunteers. If any caller requires face to face counselling, they are referred to MPA counsellors who are fully trained.

These services won't charge you, and may be able to signpost you to assistance in your locality.

Worth a try.

Archived