Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I give him another chance? Can he change?

I reported her lol people like that don’t need to be here Getting Ready for a First Date

It's a challenge 😷 lol
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    How do you breathe?

Platinum Member
    Reported me for what, others said the same. I said that you should be protecting yourself. I am sorry that that is something that upsets you.

Your anger should be directed at your untrustworthy bf.

The feeling I get, reading your initial post, is that this is not a very healthy relationship for you. I'm not talking about condoms here, and what they can keep out, but your spirit, and how this is affecting it.

Your gut sense here, from the very beginning to right this moment, has been that this guy is no good. Whether he was hooking up with other people or not, honestly, is less relevant to me than the fact that, in hooking up with him, you became increasingly obsessed with that. It's like being intimate with him made you uncomfortable, and then you continued to test that discomfort, and challenge it, but continuing to be intimate while questioning and questioning and questioning him. That's the nuts and bolts of the relationship, really, and as you've discovered it's not a very sturdy way to build one.

Couples therapy? That's for couples who have had a really good, really solid few years and find themselves skidding out when life throws some arrows their way. a new job, a baby, a screwy mortgage. They know genuine goodness can exist between them, and they're bringing out the big guns to see if they can rediscover it, like getting a mechanic to look at the engine of a reliable car that is suddenly on the fritz. Might not be fixable, the car, but worth an effort. But this—you two—is a car that has never really been reliable, never run smoothly, and those repeated breakdowns have left a mark.

You got tested, came back clean. Awesome. Body is healthy. The soul, however, I think is still asking for the same level of adult attention and care, from you.

I agree with others, exit the relationship. He's dishonest and shady. He lacks integrity. I vote "NO" for couples therapy. You deserve a man whom you can trust when no one's looking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice