Such tragedy for a dear friend of mine today!

I met Liz when I was looking for a personal trainer at a gym nearby back in 2015. She was spry, full of enthusiasm and sweet as can be! Through our talks and sessions, I learned a lot about her. We became close friends. She helped me shed 50 pounds and get over a heartache; the loss of an eleven year relationship with my ex.

Liz often talked about her husband and her daughter. Well soon Liz left the gym to pursue other careers. I stopped personal training for an injury to my leg that needed to heal.

Liz and I reconnected on Facebook shortly after. I began to see her pictures and comments about her husband and the love they shared. For five years I’ve been blessed to witness such love between two people raising their young daughter.

They celebrated 15 years of marriage this past week.

Today on my 38th Birthday her husband was killed in a horrific accident.

My thoughts keep circling back to her and her daughter. No matter what I post on her Facebook sharing my condolences. It just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Whenever they get a Go fund me page for her which her family is doing. I’m going to donate money.

I’ve also told her anything she needs I’m here.

Her loss makes the little petty arguments we get into with people or in a relationship seem trivial.

It reminds me how in the blink of an eye everything changes.

I encourage you all to hug your spouse tighter if you’re married.

Hug your significant other if you have one.

If your dating or single tell your loved ones family and friends how much they mean to you!

If you’re dating a creep let them go.

Life is too short.

Thank you all for your supportive comments.

Unfortunately my boyfriend lost a very close friend to COVID the day after my birthday. She lived in a different state then us.

It’s been a whirlwind of emotions. My boyfriend is distraught and grieving. It was very sudden with his friend, she went into the hospital with severe symptoms on my birthday she also had asthma. Two hours later was put on a ventilator and died the next morning.

Right now I’m sharing Go Fund me pages and trying to help out as much as I can.

This is why I count each birthday as a blessing!

You just don’t know.

Archived