Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confusing first date problem

Confusing first date problem

Hey guys

Just after an opinion of what could be going on? What I should do? Just be honest with me as Iím very confused by it all. Note Iíve not messaged or reached out in any way shape or form since my last message.

Here are the details

Went on a date with this girl, the date went pretty well in my opinion, we both connected very, she stated how comfortable I made her feel, we had loads in common, we made out several times, lots of touching, she thanked me several times in person during the date. So safe to say it went well.

The only downside was that her very protective friend ended our date short by coming and picking her up suddenly. She wasnít happy about it but what can you do. Anyway her friend and another dude (who was driving the car) come pick her up and that was the end of the night.

About 15 minutes later she messages me (on hinge) apologising for how the date ended and again thanking me for an awesome night. I reply saying, ď itís all good, donít stress, itís cute youíve got someone who cares about you. If I need to take your friend out for coffee to win her over tell her to name the place and time ď in a joking manner. She laughs and ď Thatís cute and will do. I honestly thought Iíd never hear from you again ď.

One or two more messages go back and forth and I finish the conversation on hinge by saying ďhereís my number ********* give me a text or call Iíd rather speak to you over the phone than on this appĒ.

Anyway, several days have gone by and Iíve still not heard a thing since. Not exactly sure what Iíve done wrong here ? What could be going on in her head? Ect? She did mention an ex in the date but pretty sure that ended a while ago.

Platinum Member
    I would leave her be. The ball is in her court.
    If she never responds to you, you dodged a bullet.
    The friends showed up because she "rescue texted" them because she was uncomfortable on the date somehow.
    Or she has very porous boundaries with her friends.

Also, just for the future, do not say ANYTHING about a woman is "cute" -- unless you are talking about her pet (dog, cat, lizard, chicken - whatever). Do not tell a woman that its "cute how.." in relation to anything. It implies that you think she is childish or childlike, or that you don't take her seriously. That would be an instant turn off.

If she was uncomfortable on the date, why would she say how comfortable she felt during the date , thank me for an awesome night in person and message me shortly after the date saying the same thing ?

f she was uncomfortable on the date, why would she say how comfortable she felt during the date , thank me for an awesome night in person and message me shortly after the date saying the same thing ?

I too wondered if she called a "rescue friend" to come and get her tho the more I read, it sounds like she had a good time, so that doesn't really make sense.

You could give her another couple of days and if she doesn't contact you, you can contact her.

It is definitely a strange one. Why say all those things then, as some are saying, sent out a rescue text? Doesn't make sense to me.
    If i were you i would play it cool for a couple of days and if you don't hear from her then message her. If she doesn't respond then you have your answer.
    If that does happen then delete her from the app and move on. Yeah it will sting a little but don't waste your time on someone who is doing this.

Well, I don't think it's too strange if she rescue texted her friend. Maybe she's just too afraid of rejecting and she said al those things in a compensating fashion?

She could also be ignoring you to see if you try again, playing hard to get. Maybe she has been busy or had a personal issue. Maybe she freaked out because you wanted her number and she doesn't wanna give it to you. There could be many reasons.

I would say same thing as melancholy123; I would give her a couple of days and then contact her again, maybe asking how she is or saying that we could keep it in the app if that's better. If she doesn't answer, then you can at least be sure you tried and you won't be wondering what happened. I guess. Hope this helps.

Well thatís the plan because by all signs we both had a really good time so unsure of what Iíve done wrong. Anyway plan is to give it a few more days and message her via the app again.

Ask her out again. It's that simple.

The friend thing sounds prearranged as a safety thing. Forget about it.

I want to but I donít want to seem needy and push her away in doing so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice