Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Really Dislike Mother in Law

Update : so we spoke about it and my OH was upset as expected. I explained that i felt, her not setting boundaries with her mother was making me resent her mother and thats not what i want. She cooled things off with all the facetime calls but im pretty sure they still txt all day everyday. And recently her mum has started facetiming daily again. Thankfully with covid and lockdown we havent really seen much of her which has been better. I told her tonight that i feel its all going back to how it was. Daily calls and txting each other all day is just too much. Tonight her mum asked her why she wasnt excited to speak to her. Bear in mind they spoke last night for over an hour and txt all day today. Also during last nights phone call the MIL asked my OH if she had made a doctors appt she needed. And said, come back home so i can take care of it for you. Id do anything to get you home. When i say this to my OH she says "oh she doesnt mean it like that, you just dont get her". Am i over reacting? This woman irritates me to no end.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by luvedup
    Update : so we spoke about it and my OH was upset as expected. I explained that i felt, her not setting boundaries with her mother was making me resent her mother and thats not what i want. She cooled things off with all the facetime calls but im pretty sure they still txt all day everyday. And recently her mum has started facetiming daily again. Thankfully with covid and lockdown we havent really seen much of her which has been better. I told her tonight that i feel its all going back to how it was. Daily calls and txting each other all day is just too much. Tonight her mum asked her why she wasnt excited to speak to her. Bear in mind they spoke last night for over an hour and txt all day today. Also during last nights phone call the MIL asked my OH if she had made a doctors appt she needed. And said, come back home so i can take care of it for you. Id do anything to get you home. When i say this to my OH she says "oh she doesnt mean it like that, you just dont get her". Am i over reacting? This woman irritates me to no end.

I see no problem with texting a parent every during lockdown, or calling a parent, but if they speak everyday do they really need to talk for an hour? Yeah if something important happened, but what is so important after texting all day and facetiming?. What is too much for sure is mom talking about making her doctor's appointments. Your fiancee should be doing that for herself OR if she is unable to speak on the phone due to extreme illness, that's something a spouse would do.

I would explain to her that its not because she talks to her mom, but if you are going to be married, she has to stop relying on mother, do things for her own self that she should be doing as an adult or some things are things couples rely on eachother for. you are concerned that she is unable to separate from her mother -- don't make it an attack against mom but focus on your fiancee's behaviors. Mom is mom, but its the fiancee who is the problem at this point.

Do you really want to marry into this situation??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice