Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My girlfriend hates my parents and it's killing me and coming between us.

Sorry, but your gf is a jerk. Very immature and very drama driven.

You explained each situation and told her that your gran and parents meant no harm and even went further to explain to her how it was meant, she still threw a tantrum.

At this point, you're embarrassing yourself for staying with such a spoilt brat. Until she grows up, she's only going to cause more trouble.

She wasn't interested she told me to f**k off and said she's not having it anymore she said she's done nothing wrong and doesn't want to talk to me because she's out with her mum and busy.
    What an ass. She is too far up her own butt to care about anyone's feelings but her own. Do yourself a favour and dump her. She's acting high and mighty and yes, SHE'S the problem.

Tie, you're a great guy, you are going places and are doing well in school. You have a decent future to look forward to. You don't need this girl. She treats you badly and talks to you badly.
    Don't let someone degrade you like that. You are worth so much more! It might take time to heal from this break up and maybe a bit more time still to find another girl, but you deserve someone who is so much nicer to you and loves you properly.

I hope you allow yourself that. You've got a good heart and by the sounds of it, so does your family. I am sorry this girl is being so judgemental and cruel.

Just like to say thanks to all of you once again. I can't believe how many people jumped on here to drop me a message and give advice. It really really means a lot. You're all stars ⭐️

Hey. Sorry to hear this. I'm in a similar situation, in her place. All I can say is, you need to try to be as objective as possible. If my MIL came to me and said "you didn't win an award, did you?" I would be incredibly angry, and if my bf told me "she didn't mean it" I'd be twice as mad lol. Try to see it as cold hearted as you can, without sugar coating your gf nor your mom. Sometimes people we love can do pretty ugly things and we just refuse to see it. I'm not saying your parents mean it, but just think that there's a possibility they do.

Perhaps you can make your gf feel safer by listening to her and try to not make her feel as if you're against her, but make her feel like you're taking her side and protecting her. Instead of saying "no she didn't mean it" you could try "I can't believe she said that, I'll talk to her". This way she'll know that you're taking care of the issue and acknowledgning how she feels, so she lets her guard down. If you don't "take care" of what she perceives as a problem, then she will feel that she needs to do it instead. It is your family, so if she feels that you are taking it seriously and mediating, instead of just giving your parents credit and silencing her, she will probably feel better.

Hope it helps.

Edit: I just read the comments, sorry about the breakup. I do have to say, however, that I don't think it's ok how many people are judging her. That's why I don't erase my initial advice. There are always two sides on the story, and I can very clearly understand hers.

Thank you Tiedye.

I can't believe how many people jumped on here to drop me a message and give advice. It really really means a lot. You're all stars ⭐️

We know we are lol.

7. 07-26-2020, 01:18 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice