Update and last update: I can finally breathe now!

I feel as if my life was in limbo for the past ten months. Back and forth to various doctors, not knowing what the heck the ‘mass’ was. Then a surgery and more confusion! I was feeling cast in this dim light that I might have bladder cancer.

Then I saw a Urologist Oncologist whom did a cystoscope on me this afternoon. He did not only that! He read through all of my medical records and history dating far back. He looked at my most recent Urogram. He told me the Wonderful news: The urine shows no signs of a tumor or cancer cells. Then he did the cystoscope to find not only my bladder pristine but the ‘mass’ is outside the wall of the bladder.

The best news was when he told me that so called mass is a benign growth of some type as in imaging it shows no blood growth. Cancer has blood growth that’s how it gets bigger and spreads. The growth I have has none!

He offered me treatments for leaking but I turned them all down.

I know when I lose fifty pounds and more incontinence won’t even be an issue anymore!

So this wraps up my health woes. I feel blessed, rejuvenated and happy!

Now onto bigger and brighter things!

Thank you all for accompanying me on this wild uncertainty of a ride!

Very, very happy for you!! I am so glad you finally got an answer and a good one at that!

I hope you can continue now to take care of your body and get your health back and then some.

You've been incredibly brave through out this whole ordeal and I am happy it's had a good ending.

Great news, must be a relief. Take care and enjoy some down time.

He told me the Wonderful news: The urine shows no signs of a tumor or cancer cells. Then he did the cystoscope to find not only my bladder pristine but the ‘mass’ is outside the wall of the bladder. The best news was when he told me that so called mass is a benign growth of some type as in imaging it shows no blood growth.

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all the awesome responses!

The benign mass unfortunately can’t be removed as it’s attached to the opposite side of the bladder wall. But he said since it’s benign there isn’t anything that needs to be done. So I’m going to just ignore it.

He offered me Botox for the bladder and I said I would like to lose weight before anymore procedures have to happen. He said by me losing even fifty pounds I’ll notice a big resolve in my leakage going away.

So I see him in January for the follow up.

Hi everyone!

The benign mass unfortunately can’t be removed as it’s attached to the opposite side of the bladder wall. But he said since it’s benign there isn’t anything that needs to be done. So I’m going to just ignore it.

He offered me Botox for the bladder and I said I would like to lose weight before anymore procedures have to happen. He said by me losing even fifty pounds I’ll notice a big resolve in my leakage going away.

Thats terrific! You didn't want to mess with your weight before learning about the mass, but you've since learned that removing some of the weight from the mass can depressurize it's impact on your bladder--is this correct?

So glad for you, and I'll bet than any toning to your core along with relieving the pressure of weight could make additional treatments unnecessary--or at least minimize the dosage needed to be effective.

Celebrating your liberation from fear, and looking forward to hearing of your progress.

Cheers, Lisa!

Hi everyone!

Great news. Hope you can enjoy the rest of the summer without all this stress now.

Archived