Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My partners fidelity when he was married...

He hasnt cut the emotional chord with her yet.
    Unfortunately its too strong than the one he has with you.
    On the other hand he also doesnt give you a sense of security when you tell him about it by cutting the contact either.
    Does not give a feeling of a mature individual
    Tough roads ahead
    afraid to say you are going to get hurt cause he is not serious about the relationship.

So your second sentence was justifying his cheating on his wife. "people do the wrong things when they are not happy and stressed"

For the record most people do not cheat on their spouse or s/o when they are unhappy or stressed, but he did.

How long before he is unhappy or stressed? Since he has kept his side chick around he obviously isn't that embarrassed or sorry is he?

If he was that remorseful wouldn't he try his best to put that "mistake" behind him totally? BTW cheating is a choice not a mistake.

You seem to be okay with cheating and can see how it can happen, unfortunately there is very good chance he will eventually do the same thing to you...

Lost

The real issue here isn't that he cheated in the past. The main issues I see here are:

1.) He's not owning up to his cheating in the past. Instead of saying "I screwed up and this reflects badly on me and I need to change as a person to become better so I don't this again in the future", he's justifying it with talk of "well, I was unhappy". No ownership at all, no change, it means he is likely to do it again in the future, either to you or another woman.

2.) He hide the affair from you for a while. 1.5 years and you didn't know that him cheating led to his marriage breaking up? Yikes. That's not something you "forget" to mention. He clearly kept it from you.

3.) He's still in contact with his affair partner and talks to her often. This is disrespectful to you and her husband. Yes they are getting divorced NOW but he was likely still talking to her before that choice was made.

All of these issues point to someone who is not a suitable long term monogamous partner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice