Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do you deal with self righteous relatives -very argumentative

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Well ...are YOU successful?

I would just say "yes, hard work is very important". Stop being argumentative with them. you agree with them, you just think there are more things that are important. And they could too. The reason they say hard work is important is because they really think you don't. They probably think you just fluff off on things. Have you thought of that?

Stop arguing.

If someone said to me "chocolate is so good." I would agree with them. I wouldn't say "but its not all about chocolate. Vanilla, raspberry, coconut and lime are also important and sometimes it depends on the situation. its not just about chocolate". Right??
    yes i agree hard work is vital in all aspects of life. i do believe i do work hard.
    the thing in life is you cant just out all blame on on part and label is as answer. that having a one track mind

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by joe45
    yes i agree hard work is vital in all aspects of life. i do believe i do work hard.
    the thing in life is you cant just out all blame on on part and label is as answer. that having a one track mind

Well...what do you want? Whats more important - to stop the constant arguments? Or to try to change their mind. This is not a hill to die on. Just agree with them and move on to a different subject. You want good relations with your family members and its not a subject work straining that to win an argument over (although this is an opinion subject, so there is no real winner).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice