Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exs social media feels targeted at me?

exs social media feels targeted at me?

First off, not in a negative way. Weve been apart for a while and have had little to no contact but It seems things hes posting things On his Snapchat as a ploy to get me to talk to him. Inside jokes, things I care about, etc. Is this normal? What does this mean?

Could it be a bit of wishful thinking on your part?

Platinum Member
    Why don't you delete and block?

Why would he think you are following it? Why wouldn't he think you are too busy with work friends family and dating?

Block and delete this guy, that will solve your problem.

It means it's his way of processing things which isn't very mature or private. It depends on how you want to look at it. He's entitled to do it as long as he's not slandering you or producing any hate speech. You mentioned it's not negative but it does come across as manipulative and passive aggressive. These aren't exactly positive traits either.

How are you feeling?

Why are you still following their social media?

Why do you allow yourself to be so passively triggered, to think something not specifically directed to you, has anything to do with you?

If it is targeted to you, how does that are you feel? It's not a clear cut attempt to engage with you. Yet, do you want it to be? Is that actually enough for you? Why is this person renting space in your head for free?

I'm feeling okay, just confused. We ended mutually and I actually think we could be friends at some point in the future. Which is why I haven't blocked or deleted them on anything because there wasn't really anything dramatic that staying "friends" on social media would be a problem. It doesn't bother me still being connected on social media. We don't really talk or engage with one another, just follow. Maybe I should have clarified, their posts haven't been mean, triggering, or anything that would hurt me to see. I don't assume they're all about me. They've just been posting oddly coincidental lately (about my passions...inside jokes we had...etc.) and I was curious if this was a typical way an ex would reach for a form of connection/communication.

People post all sorts of random stuff. Since you had some things in common it may stand out to you more. If he wanted to communicate he knows how to reach you.

Are you looking for some sort of green light to contact him? Is he dating someone now?
    Originally Posted by youngnotdumb
    They've just been posting oddly coincidental lately (about my passions...inside jokes we had...etc.) and I was curious if this was a typical way an ex would reach for a form of connection/communication.

Originally Posted by youngnotdumb
    I'm feeling okay, just confused. We ended mutually and I actually think we could be friends at some point in the future. Which is why I haven't blocked or deleted them on anything because there wasn't really anything dramatic that staying "friends" on social media would be a problem. It doesn't bother me still being connected on social media. We don't really talk or engage with one another, just follow. Maybe I should have clarified, their posts haven't been mean, triggering, or anything that would hurt me to see. I don't assume they're all about me. They've just been posting oddly coincidental lately (about my passions...inside jokes we had...etc.) and I was curious if this was a typical way an ex would reach for a form of connection/communication.
    I think it may be typical of an ex that is just putting out feelers to see if you react to breadcrumbs. I don't think anyone with true intentions of getting someone back would do it this way. Someone that knows what they want and has your interest at heart is not so cryptic. This kind of subliminal message is just a game... And if you're willing to bite, they didn't twist your arm and owe you nothing back

If your ex wants you back in a moral and caring way, then this would not be the approach is my point. Think open communication with clearly defined intent.

Anything less is wasting your time and using you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice