Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Feeling used and abused

Your contact with her is an obvious attempt to keep her in your life. You're eating that food that makes you sick, knowingly and deliberately.

How is this going to improve your life in any way?

No one is going to look out for you except you, not in important ways. I'm puzzled why you keep trying to keep this abusive woman in your life. All you've said so far is she's not always abusive. Well, sometimes she is, so why sign on for more?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jas76
    Possibly, but I really don't think there will be many men lining up to romance her.
    Thatís why she targets men she knows she can manipulate and abuse. Thereís a certain demographic she goes after.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Don't bother sending her anymore barbs about her behavior. It will backfire.
    She's responded by saying that everyone is getting a bit emotional due to COVID-19, which I think is a major cop out.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Your contact with her is an obvious attempt to keep her in your life. You're eating that food that makes you sick, knowingly and deliberately.

How is this going to improve your life in any way?

No one is going to look out for you except you, not in important ways. I'm puzzled why you keep trying to keep this abusive woman in your life. All you've said so far is she's not always abusive. Well, sometimes she is, so why sign on for more?
    She's not abusive about 90% of the time, and it during that time she's one of the most caring people I've met.

I guess I'm looking at possible solutions before giving her the cold shoulder.

She also know where I live, my e-mail address and my home phone number etc., so I'm trying to keep things amicable.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Thatís why she targets men she knows she can manipulate and abuse. Thereís a certain demographic she goes after.
    Could well be true, and I've very mindful of that now.

Well, the title of your thread is "Feeling used and abused".

Nothing wrong if that's your jam. You know exactly what you're signing up for by pursuing a relationship with this woman.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Well, the title of your thread is "Feeling used and abused".

Nothing wrong if that's your jam. You know exactly what you're signing up for by pursuing a relationship with this woman.

Good luck.
    I'm definitely not putting up with any more abuse, and intimacy it out of the question. So I'm just exploring whether there is something platonic, whilst keeping her at a safe distance, to consider.

An interesting article:

[Register to see the link]

Platinum Member
    Have you done the same amount of online research to find out what is up with you?

You're wasting an awful lot of time and emotional energy trying to find out if she has a personaltiy disorder. That would be time you could spend sorting yourself out. Because at the end of the day, this woman will disappear from your life. She's not going to hang around long when she figures out she can't repeatedly wipe her feet on you. She isn't going to want platonic, but that doesn't serve her purpose enough. She will find someone else to target, and you won't feel great being "friends" when you know she's playing some other man. So, all of these articles you keep digging up won't serve much purpose when she's not in the picture anymore.

But your own problems will still exist. That's where you need help.

Sounds like a neutral response to avoid more arguing.
    Originally Posted by Jas76
    She's responded by saying that everyone is getting a bit emotional due to COVID-19, which I think is a major cop out.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice