LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating has gotten so frustrating and challenging

Bronze Member
    I feel this and understand this so hard. I've NEVER been one to do apps but before I knew it, I moved to NY and have been on 10+ dates via apps,and have met a few cool people but only 1 that went on to me my bf. Everyone else I've ever met and have been romantically interested in I've met in person and it's just a whole different experience when you organically meet that person and build a connection. I ALSO agree hinge is the better dating app, tinder is absolute trash nowadays it's not what it was before and I would even go to say bumble is trash. Also any app you pay for I feel like more serious people are on there. But just keep your head up. I'm in the SAME pickle sis, and it's so frustrating as hell. I like this one guy have been talking to him for 3 months during the entire quarantine facetiming and everything and then this other guy I matched with asked me out even faster than he did. I'm mad confused.

I'm with all of you. Things are tough already and the pandemic just added to it.

In the last month, I tried Match again which was a waste of time. I can't remember exactly how many messages I sent but it was in the double digits. However, I didn't get a reply to any of them. Let alone a profile view. These messages were not just a "Hey", "Hi", or "What's up". I asked them how their week was treating them followed by a question unique to their profile to start a conversation. The lack of reciprocation made me wonder if my messages were actually getting to them.

Then last night I looked at Hinge which I just couldn't stand. I don't think I had anything in common with about 99% of the many profiles I viewed. Everyone wants to go hiking, visit Machu Picchu, work out, and their pictures look like they are at a fashion show. I'm just not into any of that. Ended up deleting my account after an hour. Bumble is more of the same from what I recall.

Have any of you tried the Facebook dating section?

Originally Posted by beatlesfan77
    I'm with all of you. Things are tough already and the pandemic just added to it.

In the last month, I tried Match again which was a waste of time. I can't remember exactly how many messages I sent but it was in the double digits. However, I didn't get a reply to any of them. Let alone a profile view. These messages were not just a "Hey", "Hi", or "What's up". I asked them how their week was treating them followed by a question unique to their profile to start a conversation. The lack of reciprocation made me wonder if my messages were actually getting to them.

Then last night I looked at Hinge which I just couldn't stand. I don't think I had anything in common with about 99% of the many profiles I viewed. Everyone wants to go hiking, visit Machu Picchu, work out, and their pictures look like they are at a fashion show. I'm just not into any of that. Ended up deleting my account after an hour. Bumble is more of the same from what I recall.

Have any of you tried the Facebook dating section?
    I havenít tried the Facebook dating section... I have a feeling itís not something a lot of people in my particular age range go on. I find the most popular apps are bumble, hinge, and tinder. Iíve been on bumble and tinder for about 3 years now and just recently started using hinge since I moved to a new location. Pretty much 90% of the people Iíve met off tinder werenít really people Iíd like to date...

Good success for me on bumble and hinge though.

I agree with the OP. I tried a couple of the free dating apps before and they were terrible (not the ones mentioned though.) The matches they gave me looked like a line-up of old, serial killers lol. Maybe I'm too picky, but if those are my matches, I'd just as soon stay single. I found that it just took up hours of time, flipping through the "matches" and hitting "no" for all of them. I don't know if the apps that cost money are any better, but I would hope so as you are making an actual investment.
    The other thing I found, is that men do not take woman out on dates anymore. There really doesn't seem to be real dating, it's all just "come over and hang out" then they expect you to get physical right away. They don't offer to actually go out on a real date and do not seem interested in getting to know you as a person. I found this is true of both dating apps and guys I meet in life.
    For the most part, it's all just too time consuming and expensive for me right now as I am very busy myself at the moment so I don't bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice