Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: How do I move on from a horrific first love?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by vp613
    What do I do if I am charged or arrested :( this feels like such a large thing to forgive myself for. I just feel really ashamed.
    Most likely you wonít be. Talk with your parents, tell them the entire story.

I can't say for sure you will not be arrested. But I would think it's more likely you and your parents would be called in, talked to and warned. Then most likely the court would instruct your parents to get you into counseling. And that's IF your ex decides to go to the police.

Stop worrying about that and focus more on convincing your parents to help you.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Most likely you wonít be. Talk with your parents, tell them the entire story.
    Okay. Thank you. I will explain how pressing the issue is tomorrow and really get help. Thank you so much. I really donít want to be arrested. I hope he doesnít do that. Do you think I would deserve it?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I can't say for sure you will not be arrested. But I would think it's more likely you and your parents would be called in, talked to and warned. Then most likely the court would instruct your parents to get you into counseling. And that's IF your ex decides to go to the police.

Stop worrying about that and focus more on convincing your parents to help you.
    I canít not worry about it. Itís such a big deal and I canít believe I never realized how bad it was. I feel like I deserve to be arrested and charged with harassment. Why am I so messed up?? Iíve never felt worse about my life. Am I really this obsessive and crazy...

I canít not worry about it. Itís such a big deal and I canít believe I never realized how bad it was. I feel like I deserve to be arrested and charged with harassment. Why am I so messed up?? Iíve never felt worse about my life. Am I really this obsessive and crazy...
    Your obsession over getting arrested has replaced your obsession with getting him to talk to you. You seem to have strong obsessive, intrusive thought tendencies.

Please, please do stress to your parents how serious your issues are. I think if you get some help you will feel much, much better.

And you do NOT "deserve" to be severely punished, that is another intrusive thought. Google "intrusive thoughts".

Your obsession over getting arrested has replaced your obsession with getting him to talk to you. You seem to have strong obsessive, intrusive thought tendencies.

Please, please do stress to your parents how serious your issues are. I think if you get some help you will feel much, much better.

And you do NOT "deserve" to be severely punished, that is another intrusive thought. Google "intrusive thoughts".
    Ah that sort of makes me feel bad but I guess my issues are really serious. I didnít think I was this bad. Thank you for pointing out my obsessive tendencies and the intrusive thoughts. I will research them more. Iím sorry for being very immature and unstable. I understand better how severe my issues are. Do you think with therapy I will be okay? I guess now Iím getting obsessed with the idea that maybe Iím genuinely crazy or Iím insane. Sorry. Iím so scared of myself.

Ah that sort of makes me feel bad but I guess my issues are really serious. I didnít think I was this bad. Thank you for pointing out my obsessive tendencies and the intrusive thoughts. I will research them more. Iím sorry for being very immature and unstable. I understand better how severe my issues are. Do you think with therapy I will be okay? I guess now Iím getting obsessed with the idea that maybe Iím genuinely crazy or Iím insane. Sorry. Iím so scared of myself.
    Please print this paragraph out and show it to your parents.

Did you try to minimize your problems when you told them? Did you try to make it seem like it's not that big a deal? If so, it is imperative they see what you just wrote. They need to know how much you need help.

Yes, counseling can help. But your parents must know you need help.

Please print this paragraph out and show it to your parents.

Did you try to minimize your problems when you told them? Did you try to make it seem like it's not that big a deal? If so, it is imperative they see what you just wrote. They need to know how much you need help.

Yes, counseling can help. But your parents must know you need help.
    Am I really that bad to you? Very hard to accept I need that much help. I feel really lost and sad. I definitely do have obsessive tendencies, I never knew there was a term for that. Iíve always been quick to think of the worst in a situation. I will press them more for therapy tomorrow. Thank you. What about that paragraph is important?

Under review.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice