Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am tired of people around me

Talk to your parents about seeing a doctor.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Talk to your parents about seeing a doctor.
    But that's the problem. I don't talk about my personal life with them. And seeing a doctor is way too far.

Is there any way to improve all this apart from seeing a doctor and telling my parents?

Start a journal and date each entry. You can pour your heart out in the journal and start navigating your thoughts that way. I think you need a place to organize your pains and worries but you are not willing to share these personal issues with anyone else just yet.

That is fine. Start with a private journal. A piece of paper or a document on your computer. Once you start organizing your thoughts you'll be better able to wade through and sort through what's 1) horrifying, 2) worrying, 3) mildly uncomfortable.

Work through and prioritize your worries and pains a bit better. It'll help you compartmentalize also and bridge divides in your mind about different painful topics, break down those walls, learn to absorb pain and let it go. Become more fluid and flexible, caring and forgiving of others and yourself with boundaries.

The intent isn't to keep the pain compartmentalized but a way to sort through things and recognize painful events, associations, people etc. It'll also help you learn to recognize danger signs going forward and warning signs for unhealthy and toxic situations. We all have to learn how to work through dangerous situations or avoid them in life.

You are lucky you access to the internet/ access to us....in my teenage years I had nowhere to go, no one to talk to, I just sucked it up and moved forward. This is why I have been doing this for like 18 years...giving people like you the opportunity to help you work out your issues. Have a think, then give us a shot.

What is it you want help with? Are you talking about friends in your real life or people on social media and forums? You keep saying 'they don't help or understand'. Who do you mean?

That 25 year old man you liked on a forum? [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by 1imaan1
    they seemed nice and caring but didn't help me.

Thank you so much.. I'll try what you saying.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What is it you want help with? Are you talking about friends in your real life or people on social media and forums? You keep saying 'they don't help or understand'. Who do you mean?
    Both. In real life as well as social media.

Imaan you still haven't said what your struggles/problems are where you need help. It's very difficult for anyone here to be able to help when they don't even know what the problem is. If it's general depression, then I am afraid that would need professional help. I don't think you can simply "get rid" of depression on your own.

So you mean the forum with the 25 yr old man you have a crush on. And you think only he can understand you, but you can't tell anyone about the crush because you are 16 and your parents would not approve of your social media particpation because you are scheduled for an arranged marriage in 9 years
    Originally Posted by 1imaan1
    Both. In real life as well as social media.

Platinum Member
    Awe Iím sorry op.

When I was your age I was in a deep depression and unfortunately didnít have the internet like how it is now. So please donít feel too shy to unburden yourself.

If itís the 25 year old man like in your last post. I think you know the age difference carries burdens of its own. Heís too old for you. You probably know this. Iím sure itís an escape into a fantasy to make things seem better. In reality itís going to make things worse.

Have you talked to your parents about your worries about the arranged marriage? I know you donít talk to them but if they are as supportive as you say they are. They could help you navigate through it.

Keep your chin up

Things will get better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice