LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Struggling to move on

Bronze Member
    Hope everyone is well I havent posted for some time in here but is it normal after nearly a year of being split up after a 6 year relationship to still have some down days? I am so much better since Iast posted on here, still doing my fitness and now started driving lessons but the past couple of days I have been feeling down about the break up, it is my ex birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure why I am feeling sad.
    We haven't spoken since March before lockdown so I defo wouldnt text him happy birthday as the guy broke my heart but Have any of use had this feeling before?

Originally Posted by LSL
    I think I keep worrying about what if he moves on before I do and then I think what does this person have that I dont
    Answer: a guy who wasn't good enough for you.

Originally Posted by LSL
    Hope everyone is well I havent posted for some time in here but is it normal after nearly a year of being split up after a 6 year relationship to still have some down days? I am so much better since Iast posted on here, still doing my fitness and now started driving lessons but the past couple of days I have been feeling down about the break up, it is my ex birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure why I am feeling sad.
    We haven't spoken since March before lockdown so I defo wouldnt text him happy birthday as the guy broke my heart but Have any of use had this feeling before?
    I have... its hard breaking up and down days are normal. I tend to think you may be down for a lot of reasons... Mainly its a pandemic and that brings on a lot of feelings and emotions.

If it weren't a pandemic, it would still be normal to think of exes or feel down. I think of exes I haven't talked to in decades! lol

The other thing I'll add is if you haven't met anyone else yet, it might not even be about any particular ex or even this most recent ex. It could be you want to have someone and you don't right now. I've felt that way.

The pandemic didn't help. Dating around and going places to meet people is really hard right now.

This is depressing but! The truth is I'm single for the foreseeable future. So here's the choice 1. enjoy it and use the time for your benefit. or 2. kick, scream, cry... either way it is not changing anything. So choose wisely.

Of course, I don't mean you can't feel how you feel. Feel it. Have a little cry. Talk to a friend. Eat a cupcake. Talk a walk. Then keep going!

This too shall pass.

Originally Posted by LSL
    Hope everyone is well I havent posted for some time in here but is it normal after nearly a year of being split up after a 6 year relationship to still have some down days?
    Definitely. Six years is a long time.

It sounds like you are making forward progress with your fitness and the driving lessons. You say yourself that you are feeling much better now than when you last posted. What I think is that your ex's upcoming birthday has triggered this 'down day.' That's totally normal and you will feel better soon. Before you know it, these significant dates will pass you by without a second thought. It just takes time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice