Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious message

Mysterious message

Hello Everyone

I recently helped my husband with an issue with his instagram, which was linked to his facebook account. A while later, when I wanted to go into my own facebook I saw I was still logged into his and there was a message from a childhood friend he had recently reconnected with. The message was a call log of a video call that happened a few days before, past 3 am, and it was 21 minutes long.
    Naturally I wondered why they would be having this video call at that time. I didn't even know what this lady looked like yet and only saw her face for the first time from her profile picture that was attached to the message.
    I looked at this message a long time and then decided to ask my husband what the situation behind it was. Now, I didn't expect anything dodgy, so didn't even think to take a screen grab of it, but almost as soon as I sent him this message via whatsapp, the facebook message I was looking at disappeared. He denied having the video call and said he doesn't phone people at that hour. He is currently stuck working overseas because of the Corona lockdown. The lady lives in the same country as us, a short drive away. He also quickly changed his facebook password, in case it was hacked. I don't know what hacker would have a video call with the hacked person's friend, but okay.
    When I saw the message disappeared I was naturally concerned and we had an argument about it, to the extent where asked this lady to message me. I received a message from her assuring me that my husband has always just been like a big brother to her and that she loves her husband and kids very much. Both of them assumed that I was accusing them of an affair. The lady implied it and my husband out right said it. I think that is a natural assumption considering the circumstance. She said her facebook account was hacked recently and she has two accounts. I told her the about the profile pic that was attached the the message and she then confirmed that this was the original hacked one apparently.
    She also said that she is too tired from her treatments to stay up so late. She has cancer. And according to my husband, it is not very optimistic.
    This is what makes me feel so bad. This lady is sick, and could quite possibly die and I am concerned about this video call that mysteriously vanished.
    My husband says that sometimes technology glitches but this, to me, is way to specific to be an error in programming.
    Am I overreacting?

Edit: Addition, Both of them said they use whatsap for messages and not facebook messenger. This lady was extremely friendly to me over the messages and said she really wanted to meet me before. She mentioned my wedding anniversary date, and a few things my husband has done recently so they definitely talk. Both of them said they didn't know anything about the video call and denied it as if it was just some facebook mistake.
    Last edited by anonymous56; 06-27-2020 at 06:16 AM.

all sound suspicious, feel you just caught them and they are telling you a story.

Platinum Member
    They doth protest too much.

I think the simplest explanation is usually the truth: they had a video call at an odd hour.

It might have been nothing more than that, but I don't believe their stories about hackers and "glitches."

How long will he be overseas?

We don't know. He will be able to come back once the international travel lockdown restrictions are lifted.

What can I possibly do now? It has come down to their word against mine, since the message was deleted and dismissed at a mistake.

you know the message disappeared because he deleted it.

He changed his password... did he give it to you?

There's a big trust issue going in here. You might say trust me with password, I won't use it. He might say, why do you have to look at my account? You don't trust me. That old game.

But I'm saying to you OP, it sounds like your being sold a bill of goods here and its set up to make you the bad guy. They're old friends, its a computer glitch, oh and she's dying.

They're hiding something. She's married, so she is just as likely to lie.

You may have to wait till your husband gets back to see how you really feel but I would not just forget this. It'shurtful and I'm sorry. But something stinks here.

Not to sound like a jerk, but are you 100% sure she has cancer?

Either way, they sure came up with some quick answers, and yes, it does sound sketchy.

Originally Posted by anonymous56
    What can I possibly do now? It has come down to their word against mine, since the message was deleted and dismissed at a mistake.
    And that's the worst part, you are in a situation that puts YOUR HUSBAND opposite you.

Try to think what does your gut tell you? The most important thing you can do, is stay true to yourself.

It would be easy to let this go and play dumb. but if he is cheating and you find out in 5 years. he was lying all along. that self betrayal will be worse. because you knew it.

Do you believe it was a hack? Do you think he's hiding something?

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Not to sound like a jerk, but are you 100% sure she has cancer?

Either way, they sure came up with some quick answers, and yes, it does sound sketchy.
    Yes, I am pretty sure she has cancer. He seemed honest a few months ago when they reconnected and told me how she found out about a recent spread, and was making plans for after she passed away. It was pretty sad to hear about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

TV Romance Can Ruin Real-Life Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice