Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I went wild my first year of college. I feel horrible about it sometimes.

Learn to laugh at yourself... Especially the things done in youth. We have all been there. I tend to look back at my own youth and thank God. someone was looking out for me. The fact that I made it out of those years relatively unscathed, is the only thing that really matters now. Lol

Everyone has a past. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Don't feel bad about it... It's part of growing up. You do things that you regret, which makes you learn not to do them again. I don't think there's anyone who hasn't ever regretted something they've done.

Platinum Member
    How about donating to or volunteering for a cause that is related to helping women who've been harassed or bullied on college campuses? I went away for one semester -in the 1980s. I was bullied and victimized and harassed. It was awful. most of my friends who went away for college did a lot they regret - mistakes when choosing to get drunk. Etc. I would tell myself I'm not going to indulge in the regret and take action that is positive.

Bronze Member
    Huh, looks like I'm the only one that didn't go crazy in college. Given that my family life went to hell in that time, doubt I would have had time even if I wanted to. I figure I'll just save up all my wild acts of rebellion for the nursing home. Watch out for me in my 80s!

We all make mistakes and do things we regret. Hopefully we learn from them.

Batya33, I'm sorry you went through that. College was alright, but I've been picked on in school and outside of school. It's never easy and can really scar you. I agree with the idea of volunteering. That's one reason I do it, because I don't want to see people hurting like I have. Taking the pain and turning it into something positive, a force for good, is a wonderful thing to do.

Platinum Member
    I regret the time spent in the library?

The rest? Fond memories!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by FenixReborn
    Huh, looks like I'm the only one that didn't go crazy in college. Given that my family life went to hell in that time, doubt I would have had time even if I wanted to. I figure I'll just save up all my wild acts of rebellion for the nursing home. Watch out for me in my 80s!

We all make mistakes and do things we regret. Hopefully we learn from them.

Batya33, I'm sorry you went through that. College was alright, but I've been picked on in school and outside of school. It's never easy and can really scar you. I agree with the idea of volunteering. That's one reason I do it, because I don't want to see people hurting like I have. Taking the pain and turning it into something positive, a force for good, is a wonderful thing to do.
    I wasn't just picked on. I was harassed and my property was stolen and I was bullied such that I could not live in my own room after awhile. Partly it was because I didn't get drunk or take drugs when I partied. Silver lining was I ended up meeting some good people - was only there a few months but still in touch with a few.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I wasn't just picked on. I was harassed and my property was stolen and I was bullied such that I could not live in my own room after awhile. Partly it was because I didn't get drunk or take drugs when I partied. Silver lining was I ended up meeting some good people - was only there a few months but still in touch with a few.
    For what it's worth, you sound like you were a smart and awesome person then and you are a smart and awesome person now. You are strong. Don't change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice