He went through my phone in my sleep

phoenixam

I (female) have been dating my boyfriend for 18 months and we have lived together for the last year. When I am talking to a guy, he tends to ask who it is. A male co-worker of mine and I added each other on Snapchat but I have no interest in being more than friends. This friend snapchatted me early in the morning and my boyfriend saw. Even though I was sleeping, he opened my phone and went through my conversations with him. He also read conversations with another guy that again, I had no interest in. I have no interest in other guys and I thought that was clear. My boyfriend thought I was sneaking away at night with my male co-worker.

When you say early in the morning that your male friend messaged you do you mean inappropriately? Like 3am?

Why are yuu adding these males to your Snapchat? Isn’t fb or instagram more appropriate rather than a private messaging app for people you are not that close to?

Are you looking for advice or just venting?

Well I think you're allowed to have friends, especially if it's a colleague. I've found that often colleagues will just add anyone they work with to social media. It's wrong that your boyfriend went through your phone secretly while you were asleep. That is violation of your privacy. If he wants to know more about these guys, he should just ask you. Although how many guys are you adding to social media? To be honest if you keep adding guys that kind of does look like you're trying to get attention or flirt with other guys. Adding one or two colleagues is OK but if you add a lot and talk to them a lot, then that starts to look a bit weird.

My ex did this to me as well. I never ever would do that to a partner as I respect their boundaries. I should have seen it as a HUGE sign of things to come. Controlling, accusing me of cheating for going to lunch with coworkers, accusing me of cheating while I am out with friends. It got to the point where I just wouldn't say anything about who I was with because I didn't want the accusations.

Be careful and watch for other signs. Also, moving in within 6 months is fast. The last ex did that too, but it kind of happened where he just came over all the time and then pulled the old "I'm here all the time anyway and we may as well save money by actually living together" line.

He turned out to be incredibly abusive and a nightmare to get out of a relationship with.

Archived