LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal with hook ups?

Is this normal with hook ups?

So my hook up and I hook up like once a week. But we're also on each other's Facebooks and sometimes when I post stuff, he'll text me and ask if I'm ok. He said that we just hook up or whatever but that he very much cares about me and wants me to be happy. Then today, he asked if I still needed disinfectant wipes. He works at a store I go to a lot and asked if they carried any but they got some in today. I told him no, thank you though.
    Im wondering if this is normal behavior with a hook up? We text about other things, even though it is mostly just about sexual stuff but also some outside of sex. What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up? Getting Ready for a First Date

Are you hoping for a relationship? Why are you okay with allowing some guy to have sex with you with no strings attached?

Sounds like a normal ordinary question to me with no hidden meaning behind it at all. I think you're really way way overthinking it.

Is this the same guy who you ask "why doesn't he want me?" ??

developing feelings that's what it is

He cares about you. People can care deeply about one another without it progressing to deeper romantic feelings or any desire for commitment.

The physical aspect of it is just one other way of sharing and bonding with someone you have a connection with. It doesn't necessarily mean that it moves to any other type of exclusive relationship.

If you're not feeling comfortable and there are grey areas, communicate with your partner.

Don't make any assumptions and treat each other with respect.

Platinum Member
    Itís called friends with benefits. As in mutually hooking up instead of one being a booty call.
    So yes itís normal. People using each other equally for sex and remaining respectful to one another.

Donít overthink it , just enjoy it while it lasts , usually when someone ends up in a relationship and calls it quits.
    At that point the friendship ends along with the benefits. So donít get attached to that friendship as it doesnít have any longevity.

Originally Posted by confused198828
    What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up?
    Friendship.

It does sound like he has either begun to catch some feelings, or is just a caring kinda guy. If you are not interested in anything more, then you need to end this hook up.

It's not dating, if you want a name for it that seems better than hookups, call it FWB.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by confused198828
    What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up?
    A Friend With Benefits.

And no, his behaviour isn't that unusual if that's what you are to him,

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by normal - hook ups isn't some sort of category like marriage or dating. It's simply two people who hang out for the purpose of having sex or being sexual. So because that's all it is there's no spectrum of "normal" -each person handles it in his her own way as far as when/how to be sexual with another person. He seems to care about how you are doing. He also likes having sex with you.

I think the real question should be "since I feel comfortable having him inside my body, why am I not comfortable asking him directly what his intentions are towards me other than what is obvious - he intends to have sex with you and when you're available to have sex he hangs out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice