Is this normal with hook ups?

confused198828

So my hook up and I hook up like once a week. But we're also on each other's Facebooks and sometimes when I post stuff, he'll text me and ask if I'm ok. He said that we just hook up or whatever but that he very much cares about me and wants me to be happy. Then today, he asked if I still needed disinfectant wipes. He works at a store I go to a lot and asked if they carried any but they got some in today. I told him no, thank you though.

Im wondering if this is normal behavior with a hook up? We text about other things, even though it is mostly just about sexual stuff but also some outside of sex. What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up?

He cares about you. People can care deeply about one another without it progressing to deeper romantic feelings or any desire for commitment.

The physical aspect of it is just one other way of sharing and bonding with someone you have a connection with. It doesn't necessarily mean that it moves to any other type of exclusive relationship.

If you're not feeling comfortable and there are grey areas, communicate with your partner.

Don't make any assumptions and treat each other with respect.

It’s called friends with benefits. As in mutually hooking up instead of one being a booty call.

So yes it’s normal. People using each other equally for sex and remaining respectful to one another.

Don’t overthink it , just enjoy it while it lasts , usually when someone ends up in a relationship and calls it quits.

At that point the friendship ends along with the benefits. So don’t get attached to that friendship as it doesn’t have any longevity.

What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up?

Friendship.

It does sound like he has either begun to catch some feelings, or is just a caring kinda guy. If you are not interested in anything more, then you need to end this hook up.

I'm not sure what you mean by normal - hook ups isn't some sort of category like marriage or dating. It's simply two people who hang out for the purpose of having sex or being sexual. So because that's all it is there's no spectrum of "normal" -each person handles it in his her own way as far as when/how to be sexual with another person. He seems to care about how you are doing. He also likes having sex with you.

I think the real question should be "since I feel comfortable having him inside my body, why am I not comfortable asking him directly what his intentions are towards me other than what is obvious - he intends to have sex with you and when you're available to have sex he hangs out.

So my hook up and I hook up like once a week. But we're also on each other's Facebooks and sometimes when I post stuff, he'll text me and ask if I'm ok. He said that we just hook up or whatever but that he very much cares about me and wants me to be happy. Then today, he asked if I still needed disinfectant wipes. He works at a store I go to a lot and asked if they carried any but they got some in today. I told him no, thank you though.

Im wondering if this is normal behavior with a hook up? We text about other things, even though it is mostly just about sexual stuff but also some outside of sex. What would we call it if we talk about other things besides hooking up?

A friend or acquaintance could easily do the same. Nothing weird about that.

Obviously he does care about you but from what you describe it doesn't seem to indicate romantic interest or anything deeper than common courtesy.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived