Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I leave my boyfriend?

Platinum Member
    He's not your guy, OP.

You already know this. You're incompatible on a number of important levels: life goals, sex drives, views on raising children. This has almost zero chance of working out well.

I would wish him the best and part ways.

Who are you trying to prove that you can remain in a relationship?

The only one who counts is you. No need to stay in a really bad relationship just to prove a point to someone else.

Thank you so much, everyone! This is great advice, and youíre so right; I shouldnít be trying to prove I can stay in a relationship.

I donít know whether I really want to become a mother or not, but Iíd love to have that option open.

Even if I exclude that as a reason why I should leave, thereís plenty more. He wants a nanny, for sure. Thanks again, I had nowhere else to turn to.

Fortunately, Iíve learned to be alone and cherish those moments, which is why I have no problems leaving my boyfriends early.

Wish you all the best!

Iíll end it for the kids. For their own good. Heís a bad father, since he wanted me to meet them after only 3 months of dating. Heís a ďtoo much too soonĒ type of guy, and I take things really slow, so hereís yet another reason why weíre incompatible. Thanks again ;)

Again, who are you trying to prove all of this to? Do you have someone scrutinizing your relationships or something?

No, absolutely not. I have this theory that if something happens repeatedly, if I notice a negative pattern, then I do something wrong. Itís not just the fault of others, or that I date the wrong people all the time. I want to make sure Iím not being paranoid again for ending things too soon, but your messages are comforting :)

Heís coming over on Saturday. It will be our last weekend together

I would probably sit him down and talk sooner rather than later. It's kind to talk to someone and explain things. The slow fade is mean because they don't know.

Doing it quickly is fine. It's never going to good for them or you. It stinks... But you're just not compatible. You're not mad. He didn't do anything to you. So I'd be kind.

Of course Iím not mad. Heís a good guy. Heís just afraid of being alone and is trying to find support for himself and his kids until they turn 18. Having to talk to that woman makes him unbelievably stressed, and he has to do that because of the kids. But then again, thatís none of my business. It shouldnít be.

Do you want to be a live-in nanny? Are you working or studying in his country? Do you need a job or place to live?
    Originally Posted by Badabum33
    He has two kids, 7 and 11, and wants me to be their mother. he wants us to live together at some point.

We still have a good time together and Iím not alone anymore. Iíve recently moved to a new country so I donít have friends here yet. We sometimes travel together and he shows me the country.

Nope. I have a job and my own place to live. Iíd never make such a mistake and be dependent on anyone else in a foreign country. Thatís a big no-no for anyone moving to another country, unless you have family members or friends you can fully trust.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice