Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Working through a breakup

People on dating sites are not looking for friends or for someone who is testing the waters to see if they're "ready" to date. They are looking for romantic partners (for the most part, some are looking for sex). So please be mindful of that before you choose to get on a dating site and start dating.

You don't want to hurt someone the way you were hurt, right?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    People on dating sites are not looking for friends or for someone who is testing the waters to see if they're "ready" to date. They are looking for romantic partners (for the most part, some are looking for sex). So please be mindful of that before you choose to get on a dating site and start dating.

You don't want to hurt someone the way you were hurt, right?
    I'm not on dating sites, I know that's not a good way to go about things. More so I'm just getting out and talking to new people, meeting mutual friends and being more open to getting to know new people.

I don't want to hurt anyone and am making sure I am open and honest about my intentions. It's more about opening myself up to the idea of dating someone, over actually seeking dates. If that makes sense.

Today is a hard one. It's strange that most days I go through life quite easily and yet days like today put me in a foul mood.
    There isn't really much I can do to make myself feel better. Just go with the flow and hope tomorrow is a better day. I'm angry more than anything. How can I let myself be treated like that? How could someone treat another like that?
    All the questions without answers. It's become human nature for others to just discard everything, people included. Social media doesn't help because there are so many "replacements" available. Add covid to the mix and It's a claustrophobic mess. Can't escape, not even into your own mind.

I just want to get away from all of this. The reminders, the pain, the stress. Start a new life and never look back. Maybe this is something I will work towards. For now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, knowing it will get better again, but temporarily stuck.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice