Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

Been out of work for 3 months now, and so I have been battling with mixed feelings. Anxiety, uncertainty...but also hope and faith. I wonder how you are feeling at this point? What do you consider the most challenging phase when it comes to huge changes like this?

Thanks.

Sorry you are going through tough times. I am fortunate to be working (essential service) and living in a part of the world where there are few cases because things were implemented by the government almost immediately. The Challenging part at the beginning was people not the pandemic. The hording was very upsetting, the discrimination of our Chinese citizens and harassment against people wearing masks was ridiculous. And those who are defiant not to follow the rules, spitting on police, EMTs etc. I have come hate people more than ever lol.

Gold Member
    Sorry to hear that it's been tough on your end!

It hasn't been easy. Whirlwinds and vortexes of different scales. Granted, my perspective is skewed as I've got a computer with a functioning internet connection and a warm bed to sleep in. What has been helping me through this is my faith (it's my north), having a gratefulness mindset and knowing that in the long-term I'll be okay.

My husband and I are tele working. While we feel awful about this COVID-19 pandemic, we're actually giddy because tele working is a heck of a lot easier than awaking at 4AM, enduring long commutes, exhaustion by Friday, short weekends and spending a ton of money on gas for our cars not to mention getting caught in daily traffic. I'm loving every minute of this pandemic because suddenly I have time to cook which I enjoy immensely, working on hobbies, have time to read my books (not e-books), corresponding with friends, taking leisurely walks with my husband and a wonderful break from local relatives and in-laws. We're well rested and industrious at the home front. I've decluttered, my house is spotless and organized. We're well stocked between my garage and house pantries. I have a house fridge and garage fridge and freezer. I don't need to shop a lot. While everyone else is grumbling, we're kicking our heels!

I would say the most challenging phase is missing my local best friend. During pre-COVID-19, we would get together at least several times a month for meals, all day shopping outings, walks and catch up on whatever is going on in each others lives. I really miss her a lot. We text a lot but it's not the same.

I seem to be one of few who are fine and life is not much different. I work at home with an online business. I don't need to go out very often, and I hate shopping anyway. No desire to go to the mall, ever. I live in a rural area in Ontario, Canada, nobody is sick anywhere near me. My adult kids come over fairly often, we do social distancing. My husband works on our business with me and he's a car guy so he's got his cars to keep himself amused. We walk around the block several times a week and generally don't see anyone.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    I seem to be one of few who are fine and life is not much different. I work at home with an online business. I don't need to go out very often, and I hate shopping anyway. No desire to go to the mall, ever. I live in a rural area in Ontario, Canada, nobody is sick anywhere near me. My adult kids come over fairly often, we do social distancing. My husband works on our business with me and he's a car guy so he's got his cars to keep himself amused. We walk around the block several times a week and generally don't see anyone.
    Same here. Not much has changed for us. Pretty happy actually. Go for daily walks on the beach (which is usually empty and not a soul in sight) and only go grocery shopping when necessary. Hate the malls anyway and rarely go there.

I think I would be mostly OK except for work (have to be in a building with 180 other people, at a location where six employees have contracted Covid) and how people seem to want to clamp onto me while I'm trying to grocery shop. I try to practice appropriate social distancing but people come on up, right where I am standing, and crowd me. Why do they need to do that??? Get away from me!

Going for walks is OK, I have an escape route from other people. And I live 7 short blocks from the beach. Weather is lovely (except, overcast in the morning). Once my online training is complete and when I'm not working I will be going on more walks.

Bolt, can you go grocery shopping or do your shopping early hours? I try to go in the first hour it opens or in the last hour before closing. I walked into a grocery store by mistake around 1 pm ish on Monday (yesterday) and did a U turn out of there.

Not much has changed for me except that I moved recently. Everything else is the same but I feel fortunate to say that. I'm looking at joining a tennis club but first I want to practice my swing a bit more!

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Bolt, can you go grocery shopping or do your shopping early hours? I try to go in the first hour it opens or in the last hour before closing. I walked into a grocery store by mistake around 1 pm ish on Monday and did a U turn out of there.

Not much has changed for me except that I moved recently. Everything else is the same but I feel fortunate to say that. I'm looking at joining a tennis club but first I want to practice my swing a bit more!
    I can't currently go early because they reserve the first hour for seniors and high risk individuals, plus I am attending training that starts at 7:30 AM. Previously I was going super early and always ended up waiting in line to get in. Now if I go in the late morning or afternoon there are no lines. And I can't go in the evening because I'd lose my street parking spot and parking spots are like gold around here. Whenever I leave there is someone waiting to take my parking spot. No assigned parking.

I just go, get my things as quickly as possible and high tail it outta there. I follow the 6/15 rule...Dr. Gupta says exposure equates to being less than 6 feet from an infectious person for 15 minutes or more. So I don't stay close to anyone for more than 2-3 minutes. If there are a lot of people in one aisle I go to another one and come back in a few minutes. If someone clamps onto me I walk away. But it's still aggravating!

Bolt, can you order your groceries online and have them deliver for you?

Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice