Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

"Hoax" family is throwing pool parties at their home.

Lord, please protect their children. If the parents don't want to believe the virus is real that's their business, but they have young children. And their state is the second worse in the country.

I try to ignore what others are doing but I can't help but fear for the innocent children who are at the mercy of what their parents choose to do.

And to h*ll with that "children don't get it as bad!" Children shouldn't get it at all, particularly if it's the result of their parents being irresponsible.

This is exactly the type of social media people should avoid.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Last week my county went to masks mandatory in all commercial locations. I think most of the province is going to go this way. I was out shopping today and only saw one person out of two stores that didn’t have a mask.

Yeah, since they are family I wanted to see how they are getting on. I do care even when I don't agree with what they're doing.

I do have them on "unfollow" so I don't see their posts in my news feed. I've "unfollowed" most of my friends who are blatantly ignoring the recommendations and posting about it. Jeez, I care about these people but if they're not concerned with not only their own health but that of their community it's hard to not feel a certain way about it. I sure can't do anything about it. I just stay quiet and post about it here.

I have noticed that foot traffic in my neighborhood seems to be much lighter, even with the hot weather and how close I am to the beach. I wonder if more people are staying in or if they're driving to places that don't enforce restrictions.

Someday I hope to be able to explore my neighborhood and enjoy all it has to offer.

Indeed Fudgie, the Covid "present" isn't what anyone would have wanted. But it's here until one day it isn't.

I also hope that better times lie ahead, that the economic repercussions can be addressed, because they will be severe I fear.

You are right. Any of us could die tomorrow or next week, and not necessarily from Covid either. No way of knowing.

Many years ago I went to college, and studied and have always worked towards the tomorrow, the unknown tomorrow, since it isn't here yet. I don't live "for" the day. I live "in" the day. No other choice, and Star Trek transportation to the future isn't here yet either, I fear. We all futurised back in the day, thinking we could magically manipulate the future.

Btw I always "do me". LOL.

No one is listening Wiseman!

"This is exactly the type of social media people should avoid."

Drama-rama is so much more fun after all. And the media is full of it.

What other people do doesn't really concern me. If they are breaking the law that's what the police are for.

As for the original question:

How am I dealing with the changes? The same as most sensible people. I sure don't go to "raves" or to illegal public houses (oh yes we have those too!), or rock concerts (there aren't any at the moment!). I have plenty to fill my day. Unfortunately I cannot travel out of the country right now, but I'll get there. I can do a fair amount of work from home. But I need to travel.
    Are there covid-bearing beings pushing up outside against our windows ŕ la "night of the living dead." No.

Panic and fear - and bad temper - will put you under the ground far quicker than any covid.

Anyhow:

“Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace.” – Author Unknown
    Last edited by LaHermes; 07-12-2020 at 05:50 PM.

It's all around. I mean who doesn't think food shopping with a surgical mask isn't bizarre?

That's why info is good but when it's media and social drama, it's like overdosing.

Utterly bizarre Wiseman. But it has to be done. I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop mirror and didn't know it was me, with that black mask on. Lol.

Strange isn't it. Other times try entering a shop masked and you'd be seen as a possible armed robber.

[Register to see the link]

The couldn't stay away lol.

"Four flights arrived in Dublin Airport from the US this morning - from New York, Chicago, Newark and Dallas.

The flights from Chicago and New York had about 70-80 people on board - they had been sold out, but many passengers did not show up at the airport in the US.

The Newark flight had around 50 people on board, while the flight from Dallas had 16 passengers."

Do passengers on flights from high impact areas have to quarantine? Many EU countries have restrictions on US passengers.🛬

I don't know, you couldn't pay me enough money to hop in a public pool, go to Disney World or get on a long range flight. What kind of vacation is being holed up in a hotel room for 14 days or wearing a mask with your Mickey Mouse ears? 😷🐭

Yes that's right Disney World opened yesterday in Florida, one of the highest impact areas with exponential new cases.🌴
    Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Four flights arrived in Dublin Airport from the US this morning - from New York, Chicago, Newark and Dallas.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice