Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

How are THEY dealing with the changes, I wonder.

[Register to see the link]

UK firms slash more than 12,000 jobs in two days

Yikes. It's still quite bad all over. If people spread/infect through no fault such as working what can you do? Nothing is 100%. It's the fools at the beaches, mass gatherings etc that could be prevented. I get it. I'm tired of the masks, I refuse to zoom, etc.

I think certain activities could and should be recommended that promote fitness, stress reduction and some form of social interaction and a respite from this seeming endless nightmare of new vocabulary like zoom shirt, social distance, herd immunity, etc.

For example golf, tennis, hiking, horseback riding and many other naturally distanced sports/activities. Where's my voucher for that? lol. Everyone needs fresh air, a smile, seeing other people and stretching their legs. By having recommend activities (and incentives and of course safety measures), perhaps people wouldn't simply explode, rip off masks and run to mass gatherings at beaches, parks etc.

My son, his spouse and I go for walks. We don't stay the mandated 6 feet away from one another but we do wear masks and we do avoid other people. It's quite easy to walk around others and I will even cross the street or walk IN the street if I encounter other people, particularly when they are not wearing masks. I did have to stop a couple of times the last time we went for a walk because I started feeling overheated in my mask, but that's fine, I can do that.

We are NOT going to bars and restaurants or rock climbing gyms (?) or to shopping centers/malls, or to the unbelievably crowded beach boardwalk. I saw a YouTube video of the nearby boardwalk and the crowds were insane. People having to push past one another to get by, few masks. And one business was offering boat harbor tours and they were selling out all the seats! So people were crammed into seats so close they were touching. And apparently this is allowed and people were buying! I guess people are willing to die of Covid as long as they are not bored!

I also find it ridiculous that businesses are touting "We have hand sanitizer!!!" like that's supposed to mean something when it's been pretty widely communicated that the virus is mainly transmitted from human to human. Hand sanitizer is not going to help you if you're unmasked and are in close contact with an infected person who is also unmasked.

But as you mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get in person human interaction without crowding one another.

I wonder how many Americans will be left by the end of the year. I envision a HUGE decrease in the population. I just wonder if I'll still be here and if I'll WANT to still be here.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    I refuse to zoom, etc.

I think certain activities could and should be recommended that promote fitness, stress reduction and some form of social interaction and a respite from this seeming endless nightmare of new vocabulary like zoom shirt, social distance, herd immunity, etc.

For example golf, tennis, hiking, horseback riding and many other naturally distanced sports/activities. Where's my voucher for that? lol. Everyone needs fresh air, a smile, seeing other people and stretching their legs. By having recommend activities (and incentives and of course safety measures), perhaps people wouldn't simply explode, rip off masks and run to mass gatherings at beaches, parks etc.
    Wisely said, Wise. And I refuse to zoom also. Tiresome.

And yes to promotion of distanced sports activities. And anything to reduce the already off the scale stress so many are experiencing.. I find the idea of a crowded beach or park nightmarish at the best of times, and in no way to be recommended in the present situation. But I do understand how people cooped up in close confinement would bust loose and head for the hills.

Btw.

Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands last week said that they had acquired 400 million potential vaccine doses - in principle available to all member states - from AstraZeneca.
    Last edited by LaHermes; 07-01-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Today:

"Francesco Rocca, president of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), warned that in the Americas especially, the consequences of mixed and partisan messages from politicians, often contradicting scientific advice on how to deal with Covid-19, were dire.

"America as a continent is paying the highest price for this kind of division or not following the advice coming from the scientific community," he told a virtual briefing hosted by the UN correspondents' association in Geneva.

The US is the worst-hit country, accounting for a quarter of global cases and deaths, "

Meantime from the WHO.

"The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, or sore throat. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment, and for the majority – especially for children and young adults – illness due to COVID-19 is generally minor.

However, for some people it can cause serious illness. Around 1 in every 5 people who are infected with COVID-19 develop difficulty in breathing and require hospital care.

People who are aged over 60 years, and people who have underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, respiratory disease or hypertension are among those who are at greater risk of developing severe or critical illness if infected with the virus."

Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Today:

"Francesco Rocca, president of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), warned that in the Americas especially, the consequences of mixed and partisan messages from politicians, often contradicting scientific advice on how to deal with Covid-19, were dire.

"America as a continent is paying the highest price for this kind of division or not following the advice coming from the scientific community," he told a virtual briefing hosted by the UN correspondents' association in Geneva.

The US is the worst-hit country, accounting for a quarter of global cases and deaths, "

Meantime from the WHO.

"The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, or sore throat. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment, and for the majority – especially for children and young adults – illness due to COVID-19 is generally minor.

However, for some people it can cause serious illness. Around 1 in every 5 people who are infected with COVID-19 develop difficulty in breathing and require hospital care.

People who are aged over 60 years, and people who have underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, respiratory disease or hypertension are among those who are at greater risk of developing severe or critical illness if infected with the virus."
    Disturbing for sure and shows complete lack of leadership. I don't need a govt official to tell me what to do and I follow science and common sense.

It is disappointing that so mamy could care less about how their actions impact others.

Unfortunately, my willingness to follow the science and show concern for others will not save me from the massive ramifications of the acts of others.

I will suffer the consequences of the population at large. those who are ignorant to the saying cutting your nose despite your face, will have a fair reaching impact.

For my part, I rarely go out and just for groceries. I wear a mask. I'm happy to report in my area of the US, I see a lot of masks and distancing. Most people I know are the same.

i do have a friend, that one, I'm still trying to shake. That does what see wants because she is a moron. lol. she's been off traveling and with people from highly impacted areas... thankfully, that gives me reason to further distance myself from her.

Its so messed up that everything is political. I really feel people are blind. A virus has no political or religious affiliation....

Everyone is pointing fingers. Yet all anyone can do is use appropriate and effective precaution.

And the show must go on!

From a Financial Times article (18th June)

"Set by set, shot by shot, the global entertainment factory that is Netflix is reawakening from its pandemic slumber. Few big broadcasters or studios shut down faster than the streaming company after the risks of coronavirus became clear. Now, as the industry figures out how to operate in this strange new era, few can match its deep pockets and continent-spanning footprint to restart at scale. By the end of September, Netflix hopes to be back to near normal, with more than 20 dramas filming across Europe and the Middle East alone
    "

"Movies and high-end scripted shows, the stuff of Netflix and other big Hollywood studios, pose a challenge of a different order. The more expensive the cast, the more crowded the scenes, the more jet-setting the international shoots planned, the bigger the headache facing producers. The countermeasures can range from the mundane (round-the-clock cleaning, temperature tests, more Winnebagos for cast members to have plastic-wrapped, solitary lunches) to the seemingly ridiculous (expensive virus-killer robots firing out UV rays). Luegenbiehl says Netflix is considering hiring entire hotels “for extended periods” so everyone “can be in one place and one location”.
    Movies and high-end scripted shows, the stuff of Netflix and other big Hollywood studios, pose a challenge of a different order. The more expensive the cast, the more crowded the scenes, the more jet-setting the international shoots planned, the bigger the headache facing producers. The countermeasures can range from the mundane (round-the-clock cleaning, temperature tests, more Winnebagos for cast members to have plastic-wrapped, solitary lunches) to the seemingly ridiculous (expensive virus-killer robots firing out UV rays). Luegenbiehl says Netflix is considering hiring entire hotels “for extended periods” so everyone “can be in one place and one location”.

What the Mayo Clinic has to say about herd immunity.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LaHermes
    How are THEY dealing with the changes, I wonder.

UK firms slash more than 12,000 jobs in two days
    That's why retail businesses need to use my mobile app. They will attract more customers, the consumers will save money and I will create new jobs. Everyone will be happy. I am telling them that, why they don't listen?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice