Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    This is getting ridiculous. I've resigned myself to getting Covid. Man at the laundromat has a vicious cough but the owners have him there wiping down tables.

I have a defeatist attitude. I'm just going to get it and there's nothing I can do about it.
    I'm so sorry you feel so stressed about it. Luckily I only had one experience early on with a store employee walking by and coughing in my vicinity. She didn't need to do that. I was so mad!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I'm so sorry you feel so stressed about it. Luckily I only had one experience early on with a store employee walking by and coughing in my vicinity. She didn't need to do that. I was so mad!
    I feel a bit better now. I wasn't near him for very long, maybe a total of 10 minutes with only about 3-4 minutes at a time. I stood away from him as much as I could. Two other workers were there and they kept coming close to me. Come on, people! Everyone did have masks on, but you're still supposed to stay away from others.

It's so sad, I live in such a beautiful area and so many of us are unable to truly enjoy it.

I can wait, though. If I need to wait a year I can do it. One thing getting older has taught me is that time goes by quickly, and I can wait for something if it's worth waiting for.

And that's crazy about that store employee. It is not OK to cough on or around others!

OP, are you ever coming back to tell us how things are going for you?

Well, not wearing a mask is viewed by some as patriotic and standing up for your personal freedom. Not wearing one is being encouraged at the highest level.

I'll just keep staying away from people as much as possible. I can be lonely for as long as it takes. And when a vaccine or cure is found I hope to be here, ready to enjoy a full life again.
    That's the problem. It's no wonder our numbers in the U.S. continue to soar daily. Be careful at your laundromat, boltnrun!

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    That's the problem. It's no wonder our numbers in the U.S. continue to soar daily. Be careful at your laundromat, boltnrun!
    Thanks, Cherlyn.

I spent less time at the laundromat than usual because that man freaked me out so badly. He had stopped coughing when I went back to put my clothes in the dryer and then when I got them out. Maybe he took something.

I'll just go to my regular laundromat. Even though this different one has a better layout and you can use your debit card. I'm afraid of that man. And I'm sure he'll remember me if I went back. The lady who yelled at him.

Stuff like this makes me thankful I use a portable washer and a portable dryer. I can't stand being around people for any longer than I have to.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Stuff like this makes me thankful I use a portable washer and a portable dryer. I can't stand being around people for any longer than I have to.
    Same!!! My mother has to use her building's laundromat but it's ok. Still!!

From the WHO.

"Currently, there is not enough evidence for or against the use of masks (medical or other) in healthy individuals in the wider community. However, WHO is actively studying the rapidly evolving science on masks and continuously updates its guidance"

And from an article by Dr. Liz Kingston

"While there is little or no evidence to support the use of disposable gloves as a public health measure, policy around the use of face masks in public has come under much scrutiny in recent weeks. While the HSE to date does not support this measure and advise that wearing a face mask outside of a healthcare setting is unlikely to be of any benefit if you are not sick, it is clear that many people are choosing to wear a face mask in the community. Currently, there is conflicting international policy and guidelines on the use of face masks or face coverings in the community and this adds to the uncertainty. "

Thanks, Cherlyn.

I spent less time at the laundromat than usual because that man freaked me out so badly. He had stopped coughing when I went back to put my clothes in the dryer and then when I got them out. Maybe he took something.

I'll just go to my regular laundromat. Even though this different one has a better layout and you can use your debit card. I'm afraid of that man. And I'm sure he'll remember me if I went back. The lady who yelled at him.
    You're welcome, boltnrun.

Good thing you switched to your regular laundromat. I'd be afraid of that man, too. Hopefully you can stay far away from him as possible.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    You're welcome, boltnrun.

Good thing you switched to your regular laundromat. I'd be afraid of that man, too. Hopefully you can stay far away from him as possible.
    He works at the laundromat I went to yesterday. I don't plan to ever go back there again!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice