Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Currently, not well.

Just a snippet from "here" (we are not all in the U.S.A.)

"As of midnight on 21 June, 92% of all confirmed cases to date are estimated to have recovered from the disease."

Today:

"six more Covid-19 related deaths confirmed by the Department of Health, bringing the total death toll here to 1,726."

I don't want to be under house arrest either but that's how it has been. I find it irksome and it doesn't suit me. Restrictions are being eased slowly.

I don't feel either scared or anxious, it isn't in my nature. Soon I'll be back in the air again.

I dislike shopping at the best of times but the trip to the supermarket was almost like a delightful outing (not) over the past weeks.

And like Wiseman I don't watch the news and all the corona panic being peddled on so many channels. As I said, I check out the WHO website now and then.

Just to remark that there is a sharp rise in mental health issues due to the lockdown.
    Last edited by LaHermes; 06-24-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Stuff sucks. I work in healthcare so my job is more stressful now (not working with COVID pts but I am in long term care so...) and I can't see my friends. I am limited when I can see my family. I live alone so I am alone pretty much all the time outside of working. I work and I go to school, but school is online, can't go to a library at all either.

Life sucks.

Originally Posted by LaHermes

Just to remark that there is a sharp rise in mental health issues due to the lockdown.

Tell me about it. Domestic abuse too is on the rise in the US, but especially in my area. Lots of reports of domestic fights, some with knives/guns. People trying to kill themselves. People fighting in large groups, lots of bad things.

I myself have had to go up on my medications since this whole thing started.

I can't enjoy relaxing at home when I know so many people are dying. And yes, most recover but lots have permanent damage.

Quite so, Fudgie. Though I daresay those domestic situations were already problematic long before the virus hit. A story for another day.

[Register to see the link]

OCD and coronavirus
    If you have OCD, you may develop an intense fear of:

catching coronavirus
    causing harm to others
    things not being in order
    Fear of being infected by the virus may mean you become obsessed with:

hand hygiene
    cleanliness
    avoiding certain situations, such as using public transport
    Washing your hands
    The compulsion to wash your hands or clean may get stronger. If you have recovered from this type of compulsion in the past, it may return.

Follow the advice above. Wash your hands properly and often, but you do not need to do more than recommended.

Originally Posted by Spawn
    oh i forgot to add stopped watching CNN, BBC, Fox daily it just adds to the anxiety and fear.
    Self care , self motivation, yoga meditation exercises to keep yourself wee bit fit is also a key to get through this.
    have you thought of doing some online jobs, may be work up on the linkedin profile a bit and start applying, quite a lot of free courses on udemy and linkedin am not sure what is your area of interests here, work up on it slowly.
    I have really cut back on tv news, doesn't matter the channel. It's all too depressing and monotonous. I'm good for about 5-10 mins then I need to switch to something else. My husband likes to watch all of the news, so I just find something else to do.

I am trying my best to just deal, one day at a time. I'm alone most of the time. I already was a homebody and introvert to begin the lockdown. But this is too much of a good thing....

My area has opened up somewhat, but I'm still staying home. I feel like I'm the only one! I get a little jealous. Some of my friends have no fears and have just gone back to doing whatever... parties, restaurants, travels.....But that's their choice.

with so much alone time, its hard to get out of my head! I have work... which is no change. I worked from home before. I read, nap, watch tv, create, journal and do all kinds of little rituals of my own making....

The guy I met prior to the lockdown is still around. Fortunately, we agree that things opened too quickly and we're both choosing to continue to stay home. We have had the occassional outdoor meet up.

But its hard. Its boring then at times very emotional. with everything happening from covid to the protesting, all the angry tones... Everything is political even the pandemic. It's sad.

I'm still staying safer at home too, Lambert. I too am alone.

My state is very, very bad. People screamed to be allowed to go to bars and to Applebee's and they desperately needed to have their eyebrows done. They don't believe in Covid because no one they know has it, plus only old people get it and more people die from cancer and the government doesn't shut everything down! They have the right to crowd the beaches and they must go to the mall to buy a new dress to wear to the club.

I'm truly dreading going back to work on site, but I almost feel like I might be safer there than at the grocery store. At least my workplace requires masks and temperature checks. And people are not allowed to gather in crowds.

I agree, Hermes. The domestic violence situations were not good situations even prior to lockdown. People didn't go from loving spouses to wife beaters overnight. However, many situations weren't quite as volitale as they are now because people had places to go, including other family members' homes. Now, nothing. Everyone is stuck in one spot still.

I am just trying to focus on school. I look forward to a brighter future but I think many, many more people will die before we get there. Just hope none of them are people I care about, that's all I can hope for at this point.

Getting drunk tonight by myself. I studied and played video games and went for a walk. I will probably polish off a whole bottle of wine through the course of the night and then crash.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Videos

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education

Talking To Children Is Better Than Reading To Them
Give Advice
Ask For Advice