Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the changes brought about by this pandemic?

Indeed Wise.

Imagine calling a vaccine "Sputnik".

🤣 What about Covnix?
    Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Imagine calling a vaccine "Sputnik".

Doesn't have the same ring as "Sputnik V". Heh heh.

"The vaccine’s name evokes the world’s first satellite to be launched into orbit, Sputnik, during the cold war space race, which was also seen as a competition for international prestige.

The development was hailed by President Putin as evidence of Russia’s scientific prowess, but the truncated testing regime has raised eyebrows elsewhere for skipping phase 3 large-scale safety trials, which usually take months. Instead, phase 3 trials will be conducted in parallel with mass production of the vaccine, "

Myths

[Register to see the link]

"FACT: People should NOT wear masks while exercising
    People should NOT wear masks when exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.

Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms. The important preventive measure during exercise is to maintain physical distance of at least one meter from others.

"

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Myths

[Register to see the link]

"FACT: People should NOT wear masks while exercising
    People should NOT wear masks when exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.

Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms. The important preventive measure during exercise is to maintain physical distance of at least one meter from others.

"
    I am very irritated from a high school friend of mine who brags regularly on facebook about how she and her boyfriend do 6 mile runs with masks on - special masks but yes covering everything -no ventilation- and they carry some kind of pill for dehydration -first aid kit, etc. I can't stand the bragging and the perpetuating that what she is doing is safe. It is crowded where they live, I get it, but I also know she can find a way to exercise while keeping distance. I know that because of where they live. She continues to encourage everyone that masks are ok when exercising. I wear mine to walk home from shopping and when i walk fast I don't feel well at all in this heat and humidity but it's for less than 15 minutes - I hate to touch my mask after I put it on.

Anyway when I exercise -daily, outdoors, I go at sunrise, I keep very far away from people and if I can't it's a split second as we run by each other but still 6 feet apart - or if a little less I see that as ok since it's two seconds at most plus outdoors. I see some people exercising with masks on our jogging path but most of us do not and I think that's totally fine.

Thank you very much for posting this.

I wear my mask when I leave to go for walks. I pull it down under my chin if there's no one nearby and pull it up if I see someone approaching or if I'm approaching someone. I also step into the street to avoid people on the sidewalk. Once I am away from people again I pull my mask back down. I've tried walking with it on the whole time and I just get overheated. If there's no one near me there's no reason to keep it over my mouth and nose.

Also, I am getting vicious mask breakouts. Big pimples on my chin. And I have a reaction to latex gloves. A kind of crusty itchy rash on the backs of my hands. Switched to vinyl gloves. AND I am getting a sore spot on my wrist because I am on the computer so much and use the mouse a lot. All that can heal easily, though.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I wear my mask when I leave to go for walks. I pull it down under my chin if there's no one nearby and pull it up if I see someone approaching or if I'm approaching someone. I also step into the street to avoid people on the sidewalk. Once I am away from people again I pull my mask back down. I've tried walking with it on the whole time and I just get overheated. If there's no one near me there's no reason to keep it over my mouth and nose.

Also, I am getting vicious mask breakouts. Big pimples on my chin. And I have a reaction to latex gloves. A kind of crusty itchy rash on the backs of my hands. Switched to vinyl gloves. AND I am getting a sore spot on my wrist because I am on the computer so much and use the mouse a lot. All that can heal easily, though.
    Ugh sorry! I try never to touch my mask after I put it on. I have a sort of recurring back rash because I work out outdoors now.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Ugh sorry! I try never to touch my mask after I put it on. I have a sort of recurring back rash because I work out outdoors now.
    I don't touch anything else and I am not in close contact with anyone so I am OK with touching it. However, if I'm in an environment where I will be close to others such as the grocery store or doctor's office I don't touch it. I just remove it from the ear loops and throw it away after I leave.

What I don't get is the people who have the reusable ones and they keep them in their car. They need to be washed after every use!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I don't touch anything else and I am not in close contact with anyone so I am OK with touching it. However, if I'm in an environment where I will be close to others such as the grocery store or doctor's office I don't touch it. I just remove it from the ear loops and throw it away after I leave.

What I don't get is the people who have the reusable ones and they keep them in their car. They need to be washed after every use!
    I wash them every time. I only wear them in stores and on the way home and to stores plus sometimes in my building.

More about the Oxford vaccine (leaders so far in the race). Latest today.

"In Phase III trials, which measure a vaccine’s efficacy, thousands of volunteers either get the vaccine or a control. Scientists then watch the infection rates, looking for a disparity between the two groups (as well as any rare side effects). According to the World Health Organisation, a vaccine should result in at least a 50% lower rate of disease to be approved.

For the trial to be most effective and the necessary data to be collected quickly, the volunteers should have some chance of contracting the virus, for example because they live somewhere with high transmission. So trials in Brazil and the US may be particularly helpful. In the trial going ahead in the UK, people who have a higher chance of exposure to Covid-19, such as healthcare workers, will be prioritised.

A number of Phase III trials of the Oxford vaccine are underway internationally:

A Phase II/III trial aims to enrol up to 10,560 adults and children across the UK.
    A Phase III trial in the US is looking for 30,000 participants.
    Brazil started a Phase III trial of the vaccine in June, which will enrol 5,000 volunteers.
    A team in South Africa is looking to enrol 2,000 people to trial the vaccine."

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice