Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Processing the horrible relationship and break up

So how confident are you that he would actually pay the rent when you already know he has a poor history of paying his bills?

He might want to rent from you because he thinks he won't really have to pay it.

The most important thing is to get the focus off him and relationships. Have you talked to a banker, realtor, attorney? Decide whether you want to keep the place or not. Focus on the logistics of severing the assets and especially this house. Do Not Make Private Deals With Him. Letting him be a tenant is a nightmare. You need an attorney to sever this asset. You need to keep records of your expenses and get an attorney.
    Originally Posted by amyroo
    The buyer pulled out this morning.

He told me he would rent the house from me because he wants the outbuilding for his side business.
    He hadn't paid bills in months prior to his move out. Everything has been left to me to take care of. The sale, prepping the house, repairs, all the bills, everything.

I have both a realtor and an attorney (I also have a law degree). He and I have an executed settlement agreement as to how proceeds will be distributed from the sale. I do not want to keep this place and I do not want to live here. I have kept all records of expenses and they are addressed in the settlement. However, I know he will be filing bankruptcy and I am now a creditor. So his debt will likely be discharged and I won't see a dime of the back costs. If he doesn't discharge me I can sue him in the future as I added an acceleration clause to the contract (when he defaults on 3 consecutive payments I can accelerate the debt and sue him for the full amount, get a judgment, and garnish his wages; it is a substantial enough amount of money that I would do this).

There is no chance I would rent to him. He won't pay, all the equity in this house is mine, and it would be destroyed after a year.

The fact that he said that was more a slap in the face than anything. He'd like to live here, just not with me. I'm just not sure how much more he can tell me or show me that he used me. And with the buyer pulling out at the last minute, its like adding stress on top of stress.

Excellent. Sorry to hear about the buyer. Hope you find another soon. Don't take what this bum says personally, it sounds like it's all about him. Be glad you will soon be free of him.

I have both a realtor and an attorney (I also have a law degree). He and I have an executed settlement agreement as to how proceeds will be distributed from the sale. I do not want to keep this place and I do not want to live here. I have kept all records of expenses and they are addressed in the settlement. However, I know he will be filing bankruptcy and I am now a creditor. So his debt will likely be discharged and I won't see a dime of the back costs. If he doesn't discharge me I can sue him in the future as I added an acceleration clause to the contract (when he defaults on 3 consecutive payments I can accelerate the debt and sue him for the full amount, get a judgment, and garnish his wages; it is a substantial enough amount of money that I would do this).

There is no chance I would rent to him. He won't pay, all the equity in this house is mine, and it would be destroyed after a year.

The fact that he said that was more a slap in the face than anything. He'd like to live here, just not with me. I'm just not sure how much more he can tell me or show me that he used me. And with the buyer pulling out at the last minute, its like adding stress on top of stress.
    I'm so sorry!

He said that to hurt you. He's a low life. Everything you said this guy is a real loser. To even suvgest a lanlord tentant relationship proves that he is a moron! count your blessings. You just feel like poop all around... it's a tough time....

Hopefully a new buyer will come along. Just keep telling yourself, it will... and you just have to hold in and be strong.

The only deal I would do with him is to buy the house outright from you, with a bank giving you the money.... no monopoly money or IOUs.

I know that he is a loser. There were so many issues and there was never any resolution to anything. Ever. Once we bought this house almost every problem you could think of surfaced. Financial, drinking, impulse control, rage, legal. There was never room for me to need help with anything. There was always chaos from some crisis of his making. Fights with bosses and family members.

I bailed him out constantly. Like a codependent. I feel like I did all of these things to grow "us" and he up and bails without trying to address anything and blaming me on his way out.

It is just very difficult to get past.

Just wanted to update.

I left the property and and am safe in a different state.

The house has a new offer and is under contract for closing in 6 weeks.

Of course, the day I left he went to the property and kicked the door in.

It seems that yesterday he split with his new girlfriend (hopefully she stays away from him for her own good). In response to the stress it seems he lost it.

He went over to the home of the buyer's father and threatened him and told the 70 something year old's wife that I had been having an affair with him for 2 years. No kidding. That really happened.

Additionally, he posted comments disparaging BLM on Facebook and his business page is being bombarded with attacks. The business address is associated with the property address so now that is something additional to worry about. Lovely.

It just never ends with this nut. I feel very sorry for him and I am so glad to be far far away.

Now the only worry is getting out of this completely and for good and hope the buyer doesn't back out because of this madness.

Excellent. Make sure you get a restraining order for any stunts he may try to pull. Good luck with the house selling and getting this nutjob out of your life for good.
    I left the property and and am safe in a different state.

The house has a new offer and is under contract for closing in 6 weeks. Now the only worry is getting out of this completely and for good and hope the buyer doesn't back out because of this madness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice