Is it weird that I did this?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum (and I say that a lot, lol).

OK---in high school I used to day dream A LOT about sex and being an adult (to put it mildly). I even once daydreamed of answering the phone during sex. Well eight years ago, I did just that. Yup, I answered the phone while I was on top of my boyfriend having sex.

We were alone in my parent's house, in my bedroom, when the house phone called. I ignored it. Then my cell phone rang. I knew it was my mom, and I also knew that if I didn't answer it right then and there, she would get suspicious. So I remembered in high school about the fantasy/daydream I had about answering the phone during sex. So yup, I answered my cell and casually talked to my mom. (Of course I kept my voice as normal as possible and kept the conversation short.)

Is it wrong/inappropriate that I did that? That I should've just kept it as a fantasy? I only did it that one time.

All feedback/opinions welcome.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it except that it says a bit too much about the kind of sex you were having and it may say a lot about the kind of lover you are with your partner.

Otherwise, to each their own. Does it feel inappropriate to you or did you enjoy it?

Yeah it's kinda creepy but I text people while I'm pooping on the toilet, so I can hardly judge lol Actually you know my Mum used to be so clingy and overbearing and she used to call me all the time. I'd be at my boyfriend's place having sex with him and my Mum would call. If I didn't pick up, she'd call again the second or third time! I never actually answered while having sex. But if your Mum is the same then I can see why you did lol

Does it feel inappropriate to you or did you enjoy it?

Looking back, I'd say I thought it was cool. As I said, I daydreamed about doing that in high school, so when I got the opportunity I jumped on it.

Your parents worry about the autism, so you should answer your phone.

We did not know I was autistic when this happened.

How would you even evaluate what is "ordinary" especially in the teenage years?

I don't know what's appropriate to say. I'm autistic/have "social dyslexia." Growing up, my mom would always say, "Think before you say something, I don't want people to think you're weird!" (Again, this was way before we knew I was autistic.) But telling me to "think before you say something" is like telling someone without calling ID, "Only answer the phone if it's for you."

How big of an impact has this moment had on your life?

None. At least not until now, when I was wondering if what I did was a truly inappropriate/strange thing to do. (This website saved my butt a few years ago when I had an idea to contact my ex's friend about his living situation.)

I don't know what's appropriate to say. I'm autistic/have "social dyslexia." Growing up, my mom would always say, "Think before you say something, I don't want people to think you're weird!" (Again, this was way before we knew I was autistic.) But telling me to "think before you say something" is like telling someone without calling ID, "Only answer the phone if it's for you."

None. At least not until now, when I was wondering if what I did was a truly inappropriate/strange thing to do. (This website saved my butt a few years ago when I had an idea to contact my ex's friend about his living situation.)

I just was commenting that you phrase it as "is this ordinary" - of course it's not appropriate to answer a phone while you're having sex unless it's a life or death situation. Just like it's not appropriate to answer it while you're sharing a meal with a friend unless you let her know in advance you might need to take a call. That's not about autism etc - because you picked up a phone - you acted out a fantasy. It wasn't about whether you were unsure of what was appropriate to say. You did know what you were doing - the phone rang, you'd fantasized about this and chose to live out your fantasy. Many people act inappropriately because of a self-absorbed reason - not just people on the spectrum.

I just was commenting that you phrase it as "is this ordinary" - of course it's not appropriate to answer a phone while you're having sex unless it's a life or death situation. Just like it's not appropriate to answer it while you're sharing a meal with a friend unless you let her know in advance you might need to take a call. That's not about autism etc - because you picked up a phone - you acted out a fantasy. It wasn't about whether you were unsure of what was appropriate to say. You did know what you were doing - the phone rang, you'd fantasized about this and chose to live out your fantasy. Many people act inappropriately because of a self-absorbed reason - not just people on the spectrum.

Ah ok. Not only did I live out a fantasy, but I also knew that if I didn't answer it right then and there, my mother would get mega-worried and suspicious about why no one was answering the house and cell phones. (So what I should've done back then: let the cell phone ring, and then call back my mom when Christian and I were done having sex? And if she got all worried and panicked, that wouldn't be my problem, but hers?)

Ah ok. Not only did I live out a fantasy, but I also knew that if I didn't answer it right then and there, my mother would get mega-worried and suspicious about why no one was answering the house and cell phones. (So what I should've done back then: let the cell phone ring, and then call back my mom when Christian and I were done having sex? And if she got all worried and panicked, that wouldn't be my problem, but hers?)

Yes. Unless you promised to call her at a specific time or promised to answer the phone at a specific time you should have called her back later. The worry would be her own issue as you hadn't promised to answer the phone.

Archived