4 Dates and No Physical Contact...?

andsome

I've gone on 4 dates with a guy who is gentle, intelligent and attractive. We met online and had exchanged long messages for a while (about two months) because of Covid-19 outbreak, then we met face to face recently. We went out for a park and art museum , enjoyed talking about various topics, had a really good time so far. I enjoy his company every time and I like him. We still exchanges long messages to get to know each other well.

We are planning to meet this weekend as well. His message are like "let's keep in contact indeed" and "I look forward to meeting again" so at least it seems that he is interested in me. However we've never had physical contact yet. Only shaking hands. On 4th date, I would like to kiss him but I was not brave enough... I tried to get closer to him as much as possible when we talked or walked together but nothing happened. I also tried to tell him about my feeling, but I missed the opportunity...

I am not sure if it is only friend zone or he is just afraid of physical contact because of Coronavirus or he is just shy. In my opinion, he doesn't seem too shy because I think he is sociable person. Please give me some advice!

Sometimes you have to ask these things. When I first dated my boyfriend on the third date he wasn’t showing affection so I took initiative to find out he was just shy and wanted to go slow. You’re not friend zoned he’s just moving at a more gradual pace. That’s not a bad thing.

We are planning to meet this weekend as well. His message are like "let's keep in contact indeed" and "I look forward to meeting again" so at least it seems that he is interested in me. However we've never had physical contact yet. Only shaking hands. On 4th date, I would like to kiss him but I was not brave enough... I tried to get closer to him as much as possible when we talked or walked together but nothing happened. I also tried to tell him about my feeling, but I missed the opportunity...

!

Maybe he feels exactly the same. Perhaps he is waiting for the right opportunity, or waiting for the right sign from you. Things are changing in the manisphere, lots of us guys aren't keen to go in for the kiss or try something until we are absolutely sure. All it takes these days is one unproven sentence from a woman to ruin a good man's reputation.

Perhap try having a conversation with him about it.

It appears more like a misunderstanding and some general confusion.

Apply the same general rules while dating.

Does it feel platonic? When you have conversations, do you flirt with each other or is it always about general topics or art or history topics involving whatever might be at hand on your dates? Both of you might need to turn the heat on a little. Don't be afraid to flirt and enjoy your company with each other.

Keep respectful of space and talk/joke/comment on something lightly like holding hands or touching/kissing.

Why don't you ask him and get straight answers from him? Then you'll know where he stands. However, let him know you're not being pushy about this otherwise you'll scare him off. :eek: :upset:

Take it slow. What's the big hurry anyway? Respect his wishes. Perhaps he's not comfortable to plunge into getting physical with you yet. Give it time!

When we have conversations, the topics are various. On last date, we talked about religious view, our family, his parents's divorce and his mother's death... I don't think that we flirt with each other.

I should try to talk like you said next time. Thanks.

It appears more like a misunderstanding and some general confusion.

Apply the same general rules while dating.

Does it feel platonic? When you have conversations, do you flirt with each other or is it always about general topics or art or history topics involving whatever might be at hand on your dates? Both of you might need to turn the heat on a little. Don't be afraid to flirt and enjoy your company with each other.

Keep respectful of space and talk/joke/comment on something lightly like holding hands or touching/kissing.

Archived