Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dating Man for 1 Year

Thank you all for the insight!

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    If after an entire year of getting naked and swapping bodily fluids - if merely asking him to travel with me would scare him off, I'd say I'm either in the wrong headspace or with the wrong man.
    ^ This! I have never understood this either. Just can't get my head around it.

yup...................

Look up ideas for a weekend getaway. It's really not that difficult. You admit to lazily putting the onus of the effort on him the entire first six months. You can invest a few minutes Googling options.

Platinum Member
    BTW, if he is a cautious guy, do NOT ask him to go on a getaway right now. Respect the lock downs or travel limits of places you might go. Maybe talk about it in September based on what is going on with covid and restrictions. You don't want to end up at a closed hotel, having an unenjoyable time because there are no drinks served at the beach cabana, etc. Its just not the time to test someone or feel you need to make a step in the relationship with travel

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    BTW, if he is a cautious guy, do NOT ask him to go on a getaway right now. Respect the lock downs or travel limits of places you might go. Maybe talk about it in September based on what is going on with covid and restrictions. You don't want to end up at a closed hotel, having an unenjoyable time because there are no drinks served at the beach cabana, etc. Its just not the time to test someone or feel you need to make a step in the relationship with travel
    I agree with the part of the pandemic but if he's so cautious, guarded or whatever, I'd rather know now.
    She's invested a year and has become attached. If he's still uncertain I'd rather know now so I can either move on to someone who's on the same page I am and not risk putting any more effort into something that isn't going anywhere.
    I wouldn't invest a year in someone that I wasn't able to just be myself with. She's clearly not being herself if she's censoring the idea of merely going away for a weekend. Its seems like a symptom of so.ething bigger.
    I'd travel with a man I wasn't serious with, but that's me.
    It's not a marriage proposal. It's just a trip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education

Talking To Children Is Better Than Reading To Them
Give Advice
Ask For Advice