Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my boyfriend cheated on me, and we're working on things (more like i'm working)

Platinum Member
    Basically the first 6 months of your two year relationship was good.
    The first 6 months always is , but then people get to know each other better and decide whether itís worth pursuing or not.

What you found out is that itís not worth pursuing but stayed anyway. Why?

What you are describing now , is who your bf is (always was , always will be) , what your relationship is (always will be)

The question is are you willing to stay in the relationship as it stands now, because it is not going to get any better ?

What you want is for him to be a different person and behave like a bf you want. Not going to happen.
    What are you going to do? Getting Ready for a First Date

Originally Posted by chaet
    is it really worth the risk again?
    NO. Absolutely no. What you see is what you get and he's not going to change for the better. Besides that, once trust is broken you rarely ever get it back again and without trust there is no relationship. Also remember, he treats you the way YOU allow him to. Head for the hills and never look back. The sooner the better. Show him you have some dignity and self-respect.

Platinum Member
    You've been in denial a long time.

This is not a great guy. Far from it. I have no doubt you thought he was, though, which is why you're having a hard time accepting that he isn't. What you know is likely not all there is to know about his bad behaviour.

It's time to end this relationship. For all intents and purposes, it's been over a long time anyway.

Platinum Member
    Yeah if he's cheated I would end it. Cheating is unforgivable to me. The trust is gone. There's nothing left to fight for.

What kind of relationship 'work' can you do without your partner's invested participation?

I'd sink those efforts into myself, instead, and from there you'll hopefully recognize that you deserve better and can find better if you'll give yourself the credit.

Head high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

TV Romance Can Ruin Real-Life Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice