LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't he want me??

Platinum Member
    The guy does not like relationships. What an a**hole. How dare he?

Maybe he is depressed, maybe his has childhood issues, who knows...? Definitely he has low-self esteem.

He is taking advantage of you. Period!

What an awful human being!Dump this loser! In the dumpster where he belongs!

He's looking to get laid and by you giving yourself to him, he's getting what he wants, and easily too. He doesn't want a relationship, he wants FWB. Telling you that you are gorgeous makes you feel good and more likely to hop in bed with him. Don't be so easy.

Platinum Member
    He only want you for a booty call and told you that "he is not a catch." I'm sorry, but I do not see what you are not getting.

It is not you. He is not capable of more. Move on and expect more.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    The guy does not like relationships. What an a**hole. How dare he?

Maybe he is depressed, maybe his has childhood issues, who knows...? Definitely he has low-self esteem.

He is taking advantage of you. Period!

What an awful human being!Dump this loser! In the dumpster where he belongs!
    He is not taking advantage, he has been completely honest with her. She is choosing not to listen and hopes he will change.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 06-18-2020 at 12:12 PM.

On one hand he's being honest about not wanting a relationship, on the other hand he's using a line of glorified BS to get you between the sheets.

Either way, I'd look at it as if he doesn't want your heart, he doesn't deserve your body. Of course, that's your call.

Platinum Member
    He asked you for hookups. You told him what you think you are worth by agreeing, and agreed to the terms. Of course you are going to "catch feelings" when you are intimate with someone in some form. Its not unusual or weird. If you want a relationship, do not agree to hookups. And don't hookup with coworkers most of all. Walk away from hooking up. Chin up. And don't go down that road again. You are worth more.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by confused198828
    But I just wonder why that if I'm so "gorgeous" and such a good person, why wouldn't he give it a shot? I know I should ask him but if I did, the hook ups would probably stop again and I honestly don't want them to. Just need some advice, perspectives, or just some ears to vent.
    Thank you :)
    He tells you that you are gorgeous so you keep having sex with him. Men don't choose who they marry or date long term because they are gorgeous and that's all. Gorgeous may make them cross a crowded room to try and meet someone, but it doesn't hold a conversation, or mean that anything is in common or that you have respect for who they are or vice versa. He saw a beautiful woman and took his chance to see if he could bed you. That is all. You agreed. He was UPFRONT that he just wanted a hookup. Hookup is not code for "i have a crush on you" "i love you" "i want to get to know you better (mentally)," or "i'd like to ask you out on a date"

It sounds like you just want some comfort, sex and a warm body to feel better. Perhaps a FWB situation is right for both of you at this point.
    Originally Posted by confused198828
    I am a single mother of 2 boys. They're both 3 and 7 and both have severe intellectual disability. I'm crying mutiple times a day, every day. There's no way I can maintain a social life or a relationship so I forgot about ever having friends or having a partner.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It sounds like you just want some comfort, sex and a warm body to feel better. Perhaps a FWB situation is right for both of you at this point.
    Maybe she needs to file for more help from the child's father(s), look into programs for them, perhaps even a residential learning program part time so that she is not coming apart at the scenes vs hooking up with men

Good catch wiseman,

Could this guy be a bandaid on a bullet hole? How much support do you have in your life to help taking care of those boys and yourself?

Being a father of a disabled child myself I know full well how overwhelming day to day life can be without help. If you think there aren't men out there that will want you because you have special needs children you are wrong.

If you are totally okay with this guy just being an escape for an hour or two then by all means continue. If it works for you completely then okay but as soon as it stops working cut him loose.

Lost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice