Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: iím not sure what to do, iím hurt

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    166

    iím not sure what to do, iím hurt

    iím going to try to make this as short as possible lol because itís such a long story and please do not judge me, i already recognize my errors. Anyways so i met this guy about 5 years ago, at this time i was in a relationship. The day we met he actually walked up to me and introduced himself, from that day i fell for him, but i sustained those feelings because i was with someone else. Because we hung around the same circles, he managed to get my contact info from a mutual friend. he called me some days after and we spoke for a while, i felt guilty because i was enjoying conversation with someone that i knew had no intentions of being my friend and i myself knew that i couldnít be friends with him. as months went by , i tried to avoid him, i even blocked him. he wasnít doing anything wrong as a man who wanted to be with me, i was just trying to fight my feelings for him. I was in a rocky relationship, but i wanted it to work so bad because i sacrificed a lot for it. although i would block this guy, i somehow unblock him and look for him especially when things were messed up with the guy i was currently dating ( i know, i was so wrong).

    the relationship with my now ex ended and that break up took a toll on me. i was extremely depressed and this guy was there for me every step of the way, but i was so caught up in healing myself that i didnít see him and his actions. he eventually ended up just stepping away from me because he was probably not seeing any progress from me and he was right. we lost touch for about 6 months, but after this 6 months things did not go back to normal. when i started realizing that i really do have feelings for this guy, it was too late, he was in a relationship so i left him alone, for the next few years that relationship he in ended, but regardless of this he was not the man i knew anymore, he had changed in a bad way, he ended telling me that he went through some hard times and thatís probably why he had changed. Heís changes were affecting me in a negative way because i had strong feelings for him, but he was more caught up in hooking up with women. i stopped speaking to him for about a year or so and he i ran into him again a few months ago. Ever since then, weíve been around each other a lot, but the situation is more rocky than. i clearly want to be him, but he told me that he is not in the mental space to be with me because he doesnít want to hurt me and he is just not emotionally ready for a relationship. i told him i respected how he felt, but i didnít want to friendship from him because i felt like i wouldnít get over him if i continue being around him. he was so hurt my this statement, he kept telling me that he clearly loves me, but heís not ready for me. after all this we ended up sleeping together and spending the day together just me and him and it just made things a little more complicated.

    my question to you guys is how do i maneuver through this situation? i donít believe that we can ever be friends and i want to get past this, but another issue is that my best friend and his best friend date so at this point itís difficult to avoid him. how do i stop feeling this way?

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119
    This is a Ross and Rachel situation.

    I've been here too. You hardest thing in this situation is working out WHY... most people look at this and try to work out WHAT their feelings are... is it love, is it lust, is it friendship. Whatever it is is only a small part of the deal. You have to sit down and work out WHY you feel this way. Is it the challenge? Is it the fact you guys have never really had the chance to work it out?

    Have a good long think about who he is and what captivates you about him. Would you still be interested if he didn't have the looks for example... money, charm, danger, shoulder to cry on. it could just be that he has always been there for you and you feel like you owe him or he is a fallback!

    Only when you know exactly what it is about him that captivates you can you really answer the question of what you do next.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    166
    Originally Posted by beternal
    This is a Ross and Rachel situation.

    I've been here too. You hardest thing in this situation is working out WHY... most people look at this and try to work out WHAT their feelings are... is it love, is it lust, is it friendship. Whatever it is is only a small part of the deal. You have to sit down and work out WHY you feel this way. Is it the challenge? Is it the fact you guys have never really had the chance to work it out?

    Have a good long think about who he is and what captivates you about him. Would you still be interested if he didn't have the looks for example... money, charm, danger, shoulder to cry on. it could just be that he has always been there for you and you feel like you owe him or he is a fallback!

    Only when you know exactly what it is about him that captivates you can you really answer the question of what you do next.
    wow that rachel and ross reference makes so much sense, thank you. itís gonna be task trying to figure out we both canít just leave each other alone, but iím willing to figure this out.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,680
    Gender
    Female
    It's not right of him to say he loves you but he's not ready for a relationship. Please be careful with people who aren't too careful with their words. It's manipulative. If he knows how you feel he shouldn't be sleeping with you and egging you on while claiming that he's not ready for a relationship. This person is either severely deluded or extremely selfish. Maybe both. He also tried pursuing you while you were in a relationship and appeared to pester you while you were recovering from a break up. This doesn't speak very well of someone who has any idea or respect of what a relationship means.

    Do you mind me asking what you see in this person? Is he physically attractive or is he attractive because you've known him for awhile (someone familiar)?

  5.  

  6. #5
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    39,495
    Gender
    Male
    Sorry to hear this. It's complicated. Try to distance yourself from him. Some therapy to repair, sort out and talk through the remaining breakup issues would help. You would not feel so vulnerable and run to this confusing guy. His comfort is short term and comes with too many issues.

    You are rebounding so may feel all over the place. Try to simplify your life a bit. Reconnect with friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, classmates etc. Reach out to people who are not connected to him or your recent ex. Refresh your social media. Plan ahead for weekends or evenings when you are lonely, so you don't leave yourself open to unsatisfying that are just a quick fix.

    Originally Posted by CBC2000
    the relationship with my now ex ended and that break up took a toll on me. i was extremely depressed and this guy was there for me every step of the way
    he kept telling me that he clearly loves me, but heís not ready for me. after all this we ended up sleeping together and spending the day together just me and him and it just made things a little more complicated.

    my question to you guys is how do i maneuver through this situation? i donít believe that we can ever be friends and i want to get past this, but another issue is that my best friend and his best friend date so at this point itís difficult to avoid him.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    166
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    It's not right of him to say he loves you but he's not ready for a relationship. Please be careful with people who aren't too careful with their words. It's manipulative. If he knows how you feel he shouldn't be sleeping with you and egging you on while claiming that he's not ready for a relationship. This person is either severely deluded or extremely selfish. Maybe both. He also tried pursuing you while you were in a relationship and appeared to pester you while you were recovering from a break up. This doesn't speak very well of someone who has any idea or respect of what a relationship means.

    Do you mind me asking what you see in this person? Is he physically attractive or is he attractive because you've known him for awhile (someone familiar)?
    he is physically attractive, he is a familiar face, and heís been there for me when i really couldnít be there for myself over and over again even at times when a man who was pursuing me shouldnít have been there. We can have conversations about any and everything, i have an ugly past and heís never judged me for it or made me feel bad about it unlike any other guys iíve dated.

    he is not perfect and he definitely also has issues, but i donít think heís just here for the sake lingering around.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,680
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. It's complicated. Try to distance yourself from him. Some therapy to repair, sort out and talk through the remaining breakup issues would help. You would not feel so vulnerable and run to this confusing guy. His comfort is short term and comes with too many issues.

    You are rebounding so may feel all over the place. Try to simplify your life a bit. Reconnect with friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, classmates etc. Reach out to people who are not connected to him or your recent ex. Refresh your social media. Plan ahead for weekends or evenings when you are lonely, so you don't leave yourself open to unsatisfying that are just a quick fix.
    I agree with this.

    Great ideas here.

    I don't feel this person has your best interests at heart and he sounds confused and confusing/doesn't add to your life in positive ways.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    166
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. It's complicated. Try to distance yourself from him. Some therapy to repair, sort out and talk through the remaining breakup issues would help. You would not feel so vulnerable and run to this confusing guy. His comfort is short term and comes with too many issues.

    You are rebounding so may feel all over the place. Try to simplify your life a bit. Reconnect with friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, classmates etc. Reach out to people who are not connected to him or your recent ex. Refresh your social media. Plan ahead for weekends or evenings when you are lonely, so you don't leave yourself open to unsatisfying that are just a quick fix.
    wow wiseman this is what i needed to hear. i definitely want to just move on because this loop of confusion is no fun for me.

  10. #9
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,072
    Gender
    Female
    Look the reality is if he loved you, WHY would he reject you? Love is a strong feeling and makes you feel crazy about that person. So if he's willingly letting you go as easily as that then he probably doesn't truly love you. He probably likes your friendship and finds you attractive but it's different to real love.


Videos


Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •